Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Racer57...I had almost the exact same thing happen to me when I attempted to check the fuel level. I didn't want to start the car just to do that, so I pushed the start button w/o pushing the brake pedal (that's how it is supposed to be done). Suddenly, I had all of the things going on that you speak of. I had just installed a new battery a few days earlier, but I pulled it out and took it to the dealership to be tested. It was good. Then I saw a post (somewhere) that stated that you can "clear" this issue by pressing and holding the start button for 10-15 seconds (w/o your foot on the brake). Whew!!! It worked. All I had to do then was re-register the window because in the process it had dropped about halfway down. Needless to say, I was going crazy because the symptoms were all over the place.

I mentioned this to the "Corvette Mechanic" while he was giving his seminar at the National Corvette Museum Bash. He said that the computer that controls start/accessory function can get confused (non-techy term) in determining what you are wanting done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts