Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving to Cary today to check out the C7 in person for the first time. So far all I have seen is the photos and videos. I contacted Hendrick and spoke to them about getting on the list to order a 2015 in a few months. They said I was the first to request a 2015, so I am first on the list when they get their 2015 allocations. They offered for me to come down and take a test drive if I would like, and I told them that I would like to at least sit in one to see how it feels and sits. Milos told me that they had plenty I could look at and sit in, so the wife and I are going to drive over today to do just that. According to their site they have the two interior colors I am interested in, Adrenalin red and Brownstone, so I can see both in person.
I'm sure they are hoping I will fall in love and just buy one they have in stock vs. waiting to order, but I am adamant in waiting for the 2015. I want the new Tigershark Gray paint, and like the idea of WiFi, besides the fact I still have a year on my lease on the Volt. I don't mind buying out the last 4 or 5 months on the lease when the 2015 comes in, but I don't want to buy out a years worth. Anyway being able to see and touch the interiors, as well as see the Micro-fiber option in person, assuming they have one with it, is a pretty big deal to me. Now when I place the order I will know exactly what I want and what I will get.
If they have a demo unit to test drive I will probably do it, but since I know I wouldn't want someone driving mine, if it is not a demo and I'm not buying it, I'm not driving it. I do want to hear the NPP in the different modes as well. Should be a fun time!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Gregg,

Sounds like you have a great day planned. I sat in a Convertible last Sunday at the Detroit Auto Show. It was the same exterior / interior colors as the one I ordered (Blade Silver / Adrenalin Red). Mine was built on Wednesday, should be at the dealer in a week or two. We keep getting more snow, so it might sit at the dealer for a few weeks until there is a day the roads are clear and dry.

CruznCorvette

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Gregg; If it is anywhere near as cold down your way as it is here in central Va. "take it easy" on that test ride, but enjoy your seat time and post up your thoughts when you can.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
That's great Gregg! Certainly sounds like a plan. Looking forward to your reactions.:cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Gregg,

Sounds like you have a great day planned. I sat in a Convertible last Sunday at the Detroit Auto Show. It was the same exterior / interior colors as the one I ordered (Blade Silver / Adrenalin Red). Mine was built on Wednesday, should be at the dealer in a week or two. We keep getting more snow, so it might sit at the dealer for a few weeks until there is a day the roads are clear and dry.

CruznCorvette
Ha I was there on Sunday as well. We might have seen each other and had no idea!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well all I have to say is, Wow! Now let me start by saying, I did not do a test drive. The cars were not demos and they certainly offered, but I declined for two reasons, one it was about 30 degrees outside and two, I just didn't feel right about putting mileage on a future Corvette owner's car. I know, pretty dumb probably, but I knew I wasn't buying, since I want a 2015, so I just didn't feel "right" about it. That said, the cars are phenomenal! I sat in a Torch Red 3LT Adrenalin red- Z51 with black wheels, and it felt GOOD. I was really shocked by how easy the clutch pedal was. I am getting a manual and I was wondering about how stiff the clutch would be, it isn't.
I then sat in a NRB convertible 3LT with Brownstone interior that they brought over from another building. We started that one and went through the modes with the NPP so I could hear the difference in them. The Touring/weather/eco will be perfect for when my wife is in the car with her hearing aids. The sport and track will be perfect for me! The car sounded AWESOME. I fell in love with the Brownstone interior and have decided that is what I want in mine. It's funny too, because based off the internet photos I was convinced I wanted the Adrenalin Red. Don't get me wrong, the red interior is really nice and sporty, but the Brownstone felt "luxurious" and high end to me.
My wife liked it too, but has doubts whether it will look good with the new Tigershark Gray that I have changed to. I originally wanted Blade Silver until I saw the new gray. I told her I think they will look good together, but she just isn't sure. I looked in the hatch and I also raised the hood. Man that hood is light, you can raise it with two fingers!
Anyway, I saw a Cybergray Z-51 with black wheels and Adrenalin interior, a NRB 3LT/Brownstone Convertible with a Gray top, a Crystal red 3LT /kalahari convertible with chrome wheels, a NRB coupe no spoiler, didn't see the interior on that one. Those were all unsold cars for anyone looking. Scott the salesman I was speaking with was the driver in that video last week in the yellow car that was demonstrating how to do launch control. He also had it on his cell phone and was telling me all about it and the training school. He seemed like a real nice guy. Now I just have to wait for them to get the 2015 allocations. It was great to actually see, hear and feel them in person. :)
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, two of the cars had the microfiber option in them. In my opinion it is very nice and for me will be worth the $995 price. I think it will work well with the suede in the Brownstone interior. below are some pics I took with my phone, so they are not the greatest. I was mainly concerned with interiors, so I didn't think to take any of the outsides of the cars, sorry!

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Thanks for the write up and pics Gregg! Your enthusiasm comes through nicely :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Woah I love the interiors of both! I ended up choosing brownstone with Laguna blue.

·
18,670 Posts
Gregg, it wasn't dumb not going for a test drive in that weather. Thank you for your wonderful write up.

Your photography is really good. Your pictures will help others make their choices.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Woah I love the interiors of both! I ended up choosing brownstone with Laguna blue.
I really love the Laguna Blue and I bet the Brownstone looks great in it. My wife just isn't feeling the blue though. How about posting a couple of pics with the door open showing how the Brownstone looks against the LGB? Maybe I can sway her with those pics. I personally think the Brownstone will look fine with the new gray as well, but she is having doubts. She really likes the new gray and she likes the Silver Blade, and I really like them both as well. But that LGB keeps quietly calling my name... Maybe I just need to buy his and hers Vettes. :)

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Gregg, that is a really great point. Amanda has one of the 500 special edition StingRay Coupes. The special editions coupes all have Laguna Blue exteriors, and Brownstone interiors.

If Corvette chose this color combination as their 2014 StingRay Special Edition Coupe, then you absolutely cannot go wrong with it, and it will look fabulous!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really love the Laguna Blue and I bet the Brownstone looks great in it. My wife just isn't feeling the blue though. How about posting a couple of pics with the door open show it shows how the Brownstone looks against the LGB? Maybe I can sway her with those pics. I personally think the Brownstone will look fine with the new gray as well, but she is having doubts. She really likes the new gray and she likes the Silver Blade, and I really like them both as well. But that LGB keeps quietly calling my name... Maybe I just need to buy his and hers Vettes. :)
I'd be only too happy to if the car had already arrived; it's built and on its way to SoCal. I am sorry. I chose it knowing nothing about the Special Editions - I just saw LB with Kalahari at the L.A. Auto Show and knew that tan was a no go for me.
Good luck getting her to give in on such a major decision. I am sure the sb will be just as hot!! You can't go wrong! That was me with the crystal red w/adrenaline red! :) Let us know what you choose!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you need pics let me know. The combo is truly amazing!

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!
That would be great Amanda, maybe email them to me vs. putting them in this thread. [email protected]. Good Point rdslon01 on the special edition coupe, I'll tell her that and show her some the the pics on the LGB Official thread. She really liked the Adrenalin Red interior, but once she saw the Brownstone she was like me and preferred it more. She said the red was definitely more "Sporty" looking, but the Brownstone was more "sophisticated" and would suit my "personality" better. LOL!

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
If you need pics let me know. The combo is truly amazing!

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!
Amanda, although I have seen one in person, I think you would be doing the forum a great service if you would post all of your pictures in either the Official Laguna Blue thread or the Official Brownstone Interior thread, or both threads. I know a lot of people will go to the search box above to find those threads, so you could help so many by doing so.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
...The cars were not demos and they certainly offered, but I declined for two reasons, one it was about 30 degrees outside and two, I just didn't feel right about putting mileage on a future Corvette owner's car. I know, pretty dumb probably, but I knew I wasn't buying, since I want a 2015, so I just didn't feel "right" about it...
As our friends from down-under would say:Good on you mate!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts