Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In anticipation of my incoming C8, I wrestled with the decision to sell my 2015 C7. I contemplated selling it last year to maximize the selling price and measured it with keeping the C7 until my new car arrived to enjoy it during those months. I understood the value of the C7 would probably drop the more I waited before selling it.

I made the choice to keep the C7 until the C8 arrived.

With my C8 production date set for next week, I listing the C7 on Craigslist and within 3 hours I had a dozen inquires. I sold it the next day to the cleanest, highest offer. I was very pleased with the deal.

Interestingly, I only had one scam call. That caller wanted to use a Goggle Passcode to initial the sale. I have no idea what that entails so I told them I would not deal with that arrangement. He followed that up with a filthy sting of expletives by text!

Anyone know how that scam works?

·
Administrator
15,548 Posts
Ron, congrats on your production date- soooo exciting!
Thanks for sharing your experience. My guess is that other members will be similarly happy with their sell when the time comes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even tho I have a c-8 ordered and with a build date of 2-17 I am keeping my 2014 c-7 for now
When I ordered the c-7 I went out to Bowling Green assembly plant and watched it being assembled
The chalk writing on the rear of the tub also showed the start date of the car was 11/13/13 my birthday
So this is a special car to me
I hope to give the car to my son some day

·
Administrator
15,548 Posts
Very exciting willie.nh !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts