Registered
305 Posts
Performance Chevy in sacramento
10,000 over sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
283 Posts
A processing option of 8,300.00????? For what??? to line your pockets with dollar bills???

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Chevy dealer in Gilroy Ca. has been adding $8K to the windshield sticker price.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$5k, $8K, $10k over MSRP!! This is the second car I have bought brand new and I've never seen a dealership add market adjustment fees to a car before.
I can understand the limited edition models but has this ever happened to any of the previous base model Corvettes before?

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
$25,000 over MSRP on a Premier Edition here in CA.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A processing option of 8,300.00????? For what??? to line your pockets with dollar bills???
Actually, I believe this is one of the premier editions. I seem to remember this was how it showed up on the sticker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
3LT z51 here in OK for $5k below. These dealers give the rest a bad name.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
873 Posts
The "processing option" is the option package for the Premier edition cars. Basically every option possible, but not listed separately. It's not a dealer markup.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's a product of supply and demand, dealers will add whatever their market will bear. I remember back in the early eighties during the fuel shortage California Toyota dealers were adding dealer fees of $1500 to $2000 to the MSRP of the Toyota pickup trucks. It's not a new thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sunset Chevrolet in Sumner, WA wants 10K over MSRP for a northwest price adjustment. However, no dealer is going to get these prices if people don't pony up for them. If you're not eligible for a military discount all you have to do is join one of many credit unions to get the credit union discount. It's thousands of MSRP. Some dealers will honor it, some not. Les Stanford in MI honors it for 2015s. Many dealers will still honor it for 2014s. I don't understand why anyone would pay MSRP.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It's only gouging if they are doing it to a product or service that is deemed essential. Somehow I doubt the purchase of a Corvette is essential ;)

It's called capitalism, more power to them if they can get it.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: LukeAnakin

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not sure who is crazier, the suckers or the dealers! Anyway, don't get your panties in a bunch as they say, skip the leaches and call Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland for no BS sale.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This is the second car I have bought brand new and I've never seen a dealership add market adjustment fees to a car before.QUOTE]

Market adjustments have been going on forever. It doesn't have to be an exotic car like the C7. Any dealership with a "hot", highly anticipated vehicle or one in short supply, can and will do it... if they can get away with it. As for the C7, my local dealer was asking $10K over for all non-Premier editions and $25K over for the Premier if you bought off the floor. I ordered and took delivery at MSRP. That dealer has a current inventory of C7s, though I don't know the current pricing policy as it applies to adjustments. At my first oil change, I asked the sales rep about Z06 pricing. His response... $25K over!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
They're not selling cars, they're encouraging road trips :cool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sunset Chevrolet in Sumner, WA wants 10K over MSRP for a northwest price adjustment. However, no dealer is going to get these prices if people don't pony up for them. If you're not eligible for a military discount all you have to do is join one of many credit unions to get the credit union discount. It's thousands of MSRP. Some dealers will honor it, some not. Les Stanford in MI honors it for 2015s. Many dealers will still honor it for 2014s. I don't understand why anyone would pay MSRP.
Yep... last year I was looking at a 2014 there and it was 6K over MSRP. I showed my support by shopping elsewhere

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's only gouging if they are doing it to a product or service that is deemed essential. Somehow I doubt the purchase of a Corvette is essential ;)
To many the Corvette is essential, so it is price gouging.:p

Just wondering what they deem a NW price adjustment
Anyway, the only people that I would imagine get hit by this are people with money to burn, people who can't wait patiently or people who fear the internet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts