Stingray Corvette Forum banner

would a 1LT turn you off as a used buyer?

7K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  fpetricca 
#1 ·
i'm convinced i'm doing the right thing (for me) by loading up a 1LT with all of the performance options, 7MT, Z51, NPP, MSRC, Comp Seats, but wonder if i will have a difficult time unloading this in 2-3 years in order to pick up a Z07? would you be turned off by a 1LT that was packed with performance, but didn't heat/cool your bum, or open your garage for you?

i can easily swing the 2LT (or 3LT, for that matter), but don't want to spend the money if i don't HAVE to since i can save that wad for TIRES. :D what's important to most secondary-market vette buyers in years past? this is my first and i have never considered the car in previous gens, so i'm all new to this.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Short answer.... Yes I'd be a little bummed out.

Most cars these days have heated cooled seats and if you're gonna load it up... May as well jus go 2LT and be modest with upgrades. NAV and exhaust and whatnot. Just my opinion.

MB
yeah, i can't really do without the performance upgrades. it's what makes the car so attractive. it boils down to spending $62K vs. $67K. my gut says that $5K will not return half that in resell value two to three years out.

You have to ask yourself, can you find people like you?

If so, then yeah....you'll be fine.

But based on the fact that the majority of people like the creature comforts, it might take longer to sell.....
i don't know. i'm a bit weird ;-) there are a lot of track guys in this part of the country, and i believe that quite a few would appreciate my less is more approach.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
lots of good feedback. many thanks! it's VERY difficult to discuss these first-world problems with outsiders who are not obsessing over the same minutia. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.