Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my subject suggests - hit a major pothole on freeway in a curve at about 65-mph - the entire car lurched - took one heck of a serious hit in my opinion - now the headlights have been knocked loose - one light bucket wont close - the other light bucket passes the stop and recedes lower than supposed to.

Anyone have C3 linkage experience to guide me and provide insight into the repairs I may be looking at ?

I have mechanical abilities - already replaced both vacuum actuators 1 year ago - however the linkage was working properly and I did not see the need to adjust or repair.

If I go into this I want to make sure I am focused upon the right repair or replacement to prevent going into this linkage again, including the hardware needed to make sure all assemblies are tight and restored to like new condition.

Can I prevent the jittery vibration effects on the headlights when they are open and lit up at night ? - New springs, bushings, etc..........

I have read access to this area of linkage may require the removal of the hood. I am working alone and would like to be able to do this without removing the hood. I will get it removed if totally necessary, although I would like to get this done and not require asking others to assist me.

Thanks to any forum members willing to take the time to write me a few notes and guidelines.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
pm sent, check out the links, they may help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norm, many thanks for the PM info giving me direction. I am soon to tear into this work soon as I have the parts in hand. Actually, I am removing he assemblies to send for blasting and painting prior to the springs arriving so I can see if other parts, wear shims etc... require replacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts