Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I forgot to mention Ferrari is only building 10 F60 Americas and they are all spoken for at $2.5 million. For those counting, you could buy 32 base model 2015 Z06's.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would love to know how much it costs to build the car. Can't believe it's that much more expensive then a Z06. Are the carbon ceramic brakes hand carved? I know, I know... it's a Ferrari. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice car! But so is the Z06...

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Here's one with familiar lines, in my opinion...

Rejected C5 design...

image_zps8446e669.jpg

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sure, but only one year of difference cannot permit to copy so quickly!
The final cars designs are fixed more than 1 year before their productions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is the hand built, exotic, etc that adds to the price. don't get me wrong, it isn't 2.5M, but those things are expensive as hell to build. 700+hp NA engines aren't trivial in themselves. 2hp per cubic inch with a 6.2L motor is frankly nuts without forced induction.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just wait until it is time to take it in for service in the US and you will find out the real difference between a C7 and this car !!:cool:

D

·
0 Posts
It is the hand built, exotic, etc that adds to the price. don't get me wrong, it isn't 2.5M, but those things are expensive as hell to build. 700+hp NA engines aren't trivial in themselves. 2hp per cubic inch with a 6.2L motor is frankly nuts without forced induction.
Great points.
The other reason it's 2.5m is they are only making 10 of these special editions and you are paying for the exclusivity of being one of 10 people in the entire world to own one.
They pre-sold all 10 before they were even built.
They had one on display at the 60th anniversary event today down on Rodeo Blvd. and it is a beautiful machine.
My crappy camera phone pics don't do it justice.
20141012_080454.jpg 20141012_080706.jpg 20141012_131323.jpg

D

·
0 Posts
I think there overpriced, and high maintenance and yes there nice but the cost is ridiculous
It's all in your perspective. There are lots of people who think the very same thing about our corvettes.
I am fortunate enough to have my foot in both worlds and there is something to be said about exclusivity versus driving something that is everywhere.
If you can afford the car, pricing and maintenance are not a concern.
If I had that kind of money I would happily own one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's all in your perspective. There are lots of people who think the very same thing about our corvettes.
I am fortunate enough to have my foot in both worlds and there is something to be said about exclusivity versus driving something that is everywhere.
If you can afford the car, pricing and maintenance are not a concern.
If I had that kind of money I would happily own one.
Spot on darkkaangel - They are exotics. In order to fit into that category you must also add exclusivity. You won't see one every day unless you're in Dubai. :) Some of these cars can easily get into the $40k - $80k maintenance costs per year. The only Ferrari experience I have is dyno'ing and talking with 2 F40 owners in KC but from the discussions...either you have the money or you don't. :) Amazing cars, amazing maintenance.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Denzil, I've talked to the F430 drivers too here in Kansas City-you're right. I hate the high maintenance costs of Italian exotics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts