Stingray Corvette Forum banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #363 (Edited)
I have license plates from almost every state. Seriously, hide out (live) in the Pacific Northwest, though have driven to Florida (and most other parts of this great country many times). Now we have a new excuse for scenic road trips, to also visit forum members on the way. Have a good amount of forums friends who live in Florida that we visit with. I do envy Florida its great and smooth pavement too.

Meanwhile, made a little more progress this morning on my upcoming hoped-for "trifecta." Hopefully will be able to report success no later than Tuesday -- for when we travel, we use our Novistretch.

·
Registered
427 Posts
image.jpeg

Two final notes:

1) Look goods from the side, and sticks out just a small amount more than the two "fangs."

2) Next week going for the "trifecta," (Sto-n-Show, Curb Alert and Novistretch), i.e., leaving the first two in place and adding in the mask. (Been working with [email protected] Designs on how this could happen (hope, hope), that will also be in a very quick/simple manner with just a tiny/easy mod to current Novistretches.

"Trifecta assessment" next week.

Tiny final aesthetic adjustment is needed, but that too will be accomplished without tools, and will take just a few seconds.
The curb alert looks fantastic Elegant, in fact it looks as though it was a factory option. I'll be interested to see the results of the of the Novistretch and how it will work. Since I'm assuming that their probably also working on a solution to allow the front camera's to be visible when the Novistretch is on, that way they don't become a useless option.

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #365 (Edited)
Can not speak for Novistretch as to whether their mask works with the 2016's factory birds eye cameras, but can say that with the Novistretch covering my sensor where you see it, the Curb Alert sensor/system works perfectly (no holes cut out for the sensor's location). Maybe the factory birds eye cameras similarly "see through" and work perfectly with the Novistretch?

And again, credit for originally mounting and testing the Curb Alert in that location on a Z06 goes to our forum member "managerman" who pioneered it there (as delineated in his StingRay build thread, he has a StingRay into which he installed a Z06 grille).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have license plates from almost every state. Seriously, hide out (live) in the Pacific Northwest, though have driven to Florida (and most other parts of this great country many times). Now we have a new excuse for scenic road trips, to also visit forum members on the way. Have a good amount of forums friends who live in Florida that we visit with. I do envy Florida its great and smooth pavement too.

Meanwhile, made a little more progress this morning on my upcoming hoped-for "trifecta." Hopefully will be able to report success no later than Tuesday -- for when we travel, we use our Novistretch.
Don't forget to come to KW to visit mirror image of WRP SPD, always room for a friend.

Jose

·
Administrator
15,144 Posts
Can not speak for Novistretch as to whether their mask works with the 2016's factory birds eye cameras, but can say that with the Novistretch covering my sensor where you see it, the Curb Alert sensor/system works perfectly (no holes cut out for the sensor's location). Maybe the factory birds eye cameras similarly "see through" and work perfectly with the Novistretch?

And again, credit for originally mounting and testing the Curb Alert in that location on a Z06 goes to our forum member "managerman" who pioneered it there (as delineated in his StingRay build thread, he has a StingRay into which he installed a Z06 grille).
My guess is that the OEM cameras will be able to see fine through the Novistretch. Here is a shot from one of my cameras that is right up against screening (similar to Novistretch) and then through glass. It still has pretty good definition.

thru the screen.jpg

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #368 (Edited)
TRIFECTA SUCCESS! I was told this would not work, and even I had my doubts, but it works great. What a nice and functional combination of having the Curb Alert, an easily detachable front plate, and my Novistretch (the latter two independently when I want them and/or not).

Thanks "A Team," for I just love when a plan comes together. And no longer the threat of a $242 "no front plate" fine.

image.jpeg

A big thank you Andy, (Novistretch/Novigo Designs), for your help in working this out!

If you want some details as to how to make this combo work out, please go to this thread and/or PM me.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/novistretch/14980-novistretch-works-w-sto-n-sho.html

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #370 (Edited)
I like your front plate Mike! Very clean looking. Yes, plead guilty to being jealous.

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #374 (Edited)

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #375 (Edited)
WRP SPD gets some interior jewelry, some billet aluminum knob trim rings. We debated whether to do this for our C6 Z06, and really liked them when installed. However, as the set we just bought came with eight of them, sure we will not be using them all this time.

The set comes with 11 solid colors options and 11 colored carbon fiber ones.

The second picture show the interior before any were installed, and six of the potential install locations.

image.jpeg

Installed pictures coming later.

Attachments

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #376 (Edited)
WRP SPD's interior knob trim rings installed. And, BTW, this is the easiest mod anyone could ever do. Took me just a couple of minutes (for they are just friction fit). When I finished, went for an errand in my 2012 Cruze Eco, and realized that even its interior knobs have shiny trim rings (in a car that cost us $17,474; what's that about???)

image.jpeg

Choose to install all eight of them.

Sorry the picture presentation angle is so different, but here is how one particular knob looks before and after it got crowned.

image.jpeg

Bought them from Jon Rodriguez at West Coast Corvettes.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Looks great!

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #378 (Edited)
Couple of update pictures for WRP SPD from this weekend's car show, for always nice to bring home hardware, especially with over 100 cars.

image.jpeg

Next picture shows the "show home" for the sign from Litzon Sign (Litzon, IA); sign looks far brighter and clearly readable in person than it does in the pic. This picture also turned out to be the first good one I have of my weaponXmotorsports diffuser. Maybe five folks at the show, on their own, noticed and raved about the diffuser with two saying, GM needed to make that diffuser standard on all Z06's from the get-go, and both spontaneously adding, hopefully starting with the 2017's.

image.jpeg

For those who have not seen the Lizton sign up close and personal:

image.jpeg

Still can not believe that you get to make a semi-custom aluminum sign, for $20 shipped.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Awesome and well deserved win John!

361 - 380 of 389 Posts