Stingray Corvette Forum banner

381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #381 (Edited)
And the latest mod, the beautiful showstopper engraved carbon flash under-hood, billet knob covers. (The second picture did not pick up their identical amount of carbon flash metallic, but all perfectly match each other and match the factory carbon flash.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Pete @ showstopper!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Lookin' good! Congrats! :)

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Really like my ACS extended mud flaps. Paint excellently matches factory carbon flash -- just the right size/amount of metallic. Like the fit, and that they extend downward/below and therefore protect the very front end of the factory skirts (which we already showing some small rock chips). Stick out a bit, but not obtrusive.

image.jpeg

For those that prefer the factory extended ones, that is good.

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #385 (Edited)
Yes, I did; first time I did any soundproofing, and it worked well. Still get to hear our excellent “exhaust music,” but while I reduced tire whine by maybe 1/3, there is still more of it than ideal.

Here are two poor pictures; they are many others taken by other SRF members of the same process which are far, far superior to these two, and some of them include the area behind the rear seat — which IMO is the first and most important place to soundproof, i.e., covering the huge aluminum “drum” which surrounds the two car tanks.

6A4DFEC3-4527-4949-96D4-BF2E88C8873B.jpeg

CB8A57E8-4B42-4998-BF30-A57CAE82E6FD.jpeg

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Sorry HartRod. I do 90+% of my mods within the first year of owning my car. The car remains terrific as is. Been on two fun rides this week alone.

Two years ago, as a always do approaching my next Corvette, I started saving in earnest, specifically for next year’s mid engine Corvette and consequently stopped then all spending on mods. If you want more info, please PM me.

Best of luck on your beauty!

381 - 389 of 389 Posts