Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's side door sill is a little scratched up and was hoping to score a good one from someone that has gone with some aftermarket replacements. I'm willing to purchase both, if you have a set that you're looking to get rid of for a reasonable price. I have a 2015 Z51, if that matters? Please PM, me if you have some...

Thanks,

Marty

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine are a little scratched too - I consider them a wear item.. but they are cheap enought to be disposable every couple of years. If you replace yours they will just get scratched up again won't they?

·
Registered
99 Posts
CorvetteTraderOnline and West Coast Corvette carry C7 Corvette Stingray Door Sill Protectors - Clear for $100 for two. I bought them for my 2015 Z-51 when I noticed the driver side getting scratched. It was a 30 second install.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I do know for those that ordered the sill plates that state "Stingray" also received the originals as they were removed during PDI. Are you looking for the ones that say Stingray or Corvette?
I believe the build piece was: V8X LPO, Custom sill plates with Stingray logo

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Xpel over my sills has protected them completely.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 2 CORVETTE door sills in excellent condition. Replaced them the day I got my Z51. Willing to sell you them. PM me.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do know for those that ordered the sill plates that state "Stingray" also received the originals as they were removed during PDI. Are you looking for the ones that say Stingray or Corvette?
I believe the build piece was: V8X LPO, Custom sill plates with Stingray logo
I'm looking for the ones that say Corvette. TraumaRon has worked a deal with me so I think I'll be good going forward. I'll need to look into putting Xpel over them to protect otherwise, as noted above, they will get scratched again.

Thanks to all who have replied!!!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Xpel $15 for sills on Amazon, one of my first mods, 3m Dinoc on the frame rail. Replace bi- annually.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Do you have any photos of how the Dinoc looks?
Try page 4-8 of my build thread in my sig....it's there somewhere… I only use it where my foot hits. I really don't care about everything being 100% appearance perfect in my car. You may feel differently.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try page 4-8 of my build thread in my sig....it's there somewhere… I only use it where my foot hits. I really don't care about everything being 100% appearance perfect in my car. You may feel differently.
Found it, thank you!!!! It looks great how you configured things!!!

·
18,667 Posts
Dinoc is a great option to protect your door sill, as is a clear paint protection film. Below are a couple of different sizes, depending on how you want to use it, though suggest 50% denatured alcohol (or similar) first to insure your surface is not just visually clean, but clean of any greases, detailing liquids, exc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG8DS0?keywords=xpel paint protection film&qid=1444536421&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG6QYS?keywords=xpel paint protection film&qid=1444536421&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7

My detailer used CQuartz on it when he did the outside of my car, and that, though more expensive, has helped a lot to reduce scratches.

And when you feel your protection film is too scratched to be acceptable to you, you can choose to change it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts