Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was discussing service w one of the high end detailers here. Gave me a quote $1750 for Xpel...full hood, full front fenders, front fascia, mirrors, A-pillars, door cups, and sills. Then full C-Quartz Professional on everything, special heat resistant on wheels for $1250. Includes full paint restore, fix any stone chips and scratches. What do you think, decent pricing? I supply the GM touch-up paint. Car only has 1600 mi and one small chip on hood and another on the front end...couple light scratches on drivers door top and on hatch lower. Guy before me wasnt too careful...i bought this as an investment and want it right. Doesnt mean i wont drive it but very limited

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,118 Posts
Both good investments for car preservation, however, if you do not plan on driving it much, just keep it clean, detail regularly, and a good cover, it will stay just as pristine as new.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i will put a couple 1000 miles on it a year, maybe 2500 or so. Go to a few shows and runs etc. So the interstate driving gives me heartburn, already have a stone chip in the hood that needs repaired.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That’s an EXCELLENT price for all that. Almost too good to be true. Unless you’re already familiar with their work, ask for some references first. Anyone who does good work will be glad to give references. If they’re reluctant about that, look elsewhere. Someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing can really mess up your car.

I paid $3500 three years ago (in California) for Xpel Ultimate on the full front of the car forward of the windshield, including headlights, and the A-pillars, side view mirrors, full rockers, skirts, full rear quarter panels. Then I paid another $1500 for CQuartz on everything that didn’t have Xpel.

Both products have protected the car very well and I highly recommend them.

Was discussing service w one of the high end detailers here. Gave me a quote $1750 for Xpel...full hood, full front fenders, front fascia, mirrors, A-pillars, door cups, and sills. Then full C-Quartz Professional on everything, special heat resistant on wheels for $1250. Includes full paint restore, fix any stone chips and scratches. What do you think, decent pricing? I supply the GM touch-up paint. Car only has 1600 mi and one small chip on hood and another on the front end...couple light scratches on drivers door top and on hatch lower. Guy before me wasnt too careful...i bought this as an investment and want it right. Doesnt mean i wont drive it but very limited

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't forget the rocker panels, flared fore and aft along the wheel wells. I'm having my Xpel there replaced after 5 1/2 years, and it really took a beating. Sure must have saved a lot of paint scratches and chips from happening.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget the rocker panels, flared fore and aft along the wheel wells. I'm having my Xpel there replaced after 5 1/2 years, and it really took a beating. Sure must have saved a lot of paint scratches and chips from happening.
Explain more...if im using the splash guards then i still need rocker panels done? Im doing full hood, front fenders, fascia, what part of the rockers, not sure i know what you mean.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
575 Posts
There is clear protection there from the factory and you can see the outline to know that it is there and over time it turns yellow and more visible. Most people that are adding expel also have that area done as well as it can take a beating from rocks. However, if you have side skirts they do help to minimize damage and provide added protection from the rocks.
922D197C-C972-42AC-AF68-37AAD8EF54E7.jpeg

Explain more...if im using the splash guards then i still need rocker panels done? Im doing full hood, front fenders, fascia, what part of the rockers, not sure i know what you mean.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What he said. I'm talking about the area below where the door meets with the rocker panels, extended in both directions to meet where the factory already put an Xpel type sheet. I'm really glad I did mine. Now they're completely pockmarked with rock marks and road junk that would have been the paint.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
Oh, i get it. I will have to look for the factory applied sheet. I do have the Z06 type side skirts...but hell...dont want them tore up either. i will discuss w installer a out getting those areas protected... i need to cover the entire car, lol. I live on a small lane in the country, paved, but not special. When i take the car up through that road to the main road, i can only do about 5-6 mph, the noise of the flyin stuff makes me cringe. That area behind the door w the brake ductwork is sticking out there beggin for a hit

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
575 Posts
I have the XPEL Paint Protection Film on full front, mirrors, front fenders and side skirts and rocker area. My Side Skirts, Mirrors, Stage 3 Splitter and Side Wings are all Carbon Fiber so when I bought them I had film put on as you don't want a bunch of marks from rocks on Carbon Fiber.

When I inspect my front aero and even the clear bra on the nose, you can see the hits they have taken from incoming rocks, pebbles, bugs etc and how if if you didn't have the clear protection film the paint would get marred over time.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You'd pay twice that in LA at a quality shop. With regard to the lower rockers in front of rear wheels this area will take a beating. Consider adding a second piece of xpel to cover this area specifically. It will take hits and over time have divets and marks. When that gets obvious your shop can remove that second piece and just replace it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually, that is an excellent suggestion, 15snow-ray. There is nowhere else that takes as many hits as that area, unless you follow people too closely, in which case you’ll take a lot of hits on the front. The Xpel is self-healing as long as a rock doesn’t go through the first layer. But if it does go through it will leave a nick, scratch, or tear that isn’t going to go away until you replace that particular section of Xpel.

You'd pay twice that in LA at a quality shop. With regard to the lower rockers in front of rear wheels this area will take a beating. Consider adding a second piece of xpel to cover this area specifically. It will take hits and over time have divets and marks. When that gets obvious your shop can remove that second piece and just replace it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts