Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting quotes around where I live and I was told Suntek is better then Xpel and costs 20% more but it only has 5 year warranty compared to expel? Want to know from you all which one have you chosen and why?
I was quoted xpel Total Price* = $799 installed for standard 14 inches Hood, fenders, mirrors, and full Bumper, another $499 for rocker panel kit. seems pricey. Now add 20 % to that price and you get Suntek.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got Xpel because all the guys that live here used it and said why. Some of the C7 owners on the forum said they liked it to. 18inches Hood, fenders, mirrors, and full Bumper, plus the door handle openings because of rings and finger nails. Took the guy at my house, about 8 hours and I watch most of the time. The job is perfect. Price was $750. I don't think you will go wrong with Expel but post what you decide and why. All I can say is be sure and check out who is doing the work. It's and art not a job.

Cyber Grey, Born Oct. 29, 2LT, Nav, Auto, Z51 Spoiler. Used Xpel Bra.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I'm having flashbacks to my grandmothers sofa ;)

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrapped every inch of Jezebel in XPEL...her "rear end" took the most time....
What did it cost you to wrap every inch of that beauty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was getting quotes around where I live and I was told Suntek is better then Xpel and costs 20% more but it only has 5 year warranty compared to expel? Want to know from you all which one have you chosen and why?
I was quoted xpel Total Price* = $799 installed for standard 14 inches Hood, fenders, mirrors, and full Bumper, another $499 for rocker panel kit. seems pricey. Now add 20 % to that price and you get Suntek.

XPEL has two brands. Extreme and Ultimate, Xtreme has a 7 year warranty, Ultimate has a 11 year warranty and the only film which warrants staining. This is a self healing film and costs more than the Suntek. Please ensure you are comparing apples to apples. As for the rocker kit note the existing 4 pieces of film need to be removed plus there are various levels of rocker kits plus wrapping options.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
5k that's a lot of Dow. Is it . Easier to maintain the shine and cleaning it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
14 Posts
XPEL Paint Protection Film

Just to clear a few things up. We do have two levels of film, XTREME and ULTIMATE. XTREME has a 7 year warranty and ULTIMATE a 10 year warranty. Both warranties cover staining and yellowing.

What sets XPEL ULTIMATE apart from other brands is a 10 year warranty, thorough testing that shows it has industry leading gloss retention, and ULTIMATE has been proven to be the most durable paint protection film on the market.

dolfanlon great pics! Glad you're happy with the results!

·
Registered
20 Posts
We install both films. Both are excellent products and you cant go wrong with either one. Not sure why Suntek is 20% more since they cost me the same when I buy bulk rolls.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We install both films. Both are excellent products and you cant go wrong with either one. Not sure why Suntek is 20% more since they cost me the same when I buy bulk rolls.
I was mistaken, Xpel is 10 % more then Suntek. The installer here in southern Calicornia says Suntek is better because it has better healing properties and it looks better installed. I have a hard time believing that Suntek is better because Xpel has 10 year warranty and Suntek has only 5 year. The 10 year warranty makes me feel more comfortable having. Most wraps that I read about on the internet is xpel and everyone seems to compliment it well therefore I will probably pay 10% more to get Xpel and feel warm and fuzzy that I have a 10 year warranty. If anyone in southern California has had good experience in installations please post their contact info here. The shop that I got a quote from here is called Ultimate Shield in Orange, CA main1FV8_main
The yelp reviews are really good?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just to clear a few things up. We do have two levels of film, XTREME and ULTIMATE. XTREME has a 7 year warranty and ULTIMATE a 10 year warranty. Both warranties cover staining and yellowing.

What sets XPEL ULTIMATE apart from other brands is a 10 year warranty, thorough testing that shows it has industry leading gloss retention, and ULTIMATE has been proven to be the most durable paint protection film on the market.

dolfanlon great pics! Glad you're happy with the results!
Can you seal or wax over top of it? Should you?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can you seal or wax over top of it? Should you?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
I have Xpel. Installer gave me stuff to use for cleaning. I believe if you use wax, it will, over time, not stay perfectly clear. I'm only using what came from installer on mine.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Do not use wax...only the stuff to clean the film...

I have Xpel. Installer gave me stuff to use for cleaning. I believe if you use wax, it will, over time, not stay perfectly clear. I'm only using what came from installer on mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is good information as I am considering the same for the front of my car to include front quarter panels, side panels and mirrors.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wax is fine to use on the newer films. Both listed in this thread are top coated. Ask your installer what they recommend... but we do recommend a wax. It helps protect if and makes the bugs much easier to get off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts