Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The look is not for me, but I thought I'd try it to see what it looked like. I'll probably just go with clear Xpel headlight protection but wanted to post pics so anyone trying to make a decision could see what the smoked ones look like.

These are definitely high quality, just not the look I want.

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

IMG_6872.JPG

Reactions: MrG69

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do those things affect the performance of the head lights? Are they even legal?
When I turned on the headlight, they seemed to make very little difference in how much light goes through. I don't know about legality though.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
When I turned on the headlight, they seemed to make very little difference in how much light goes through. I don't know about legality though.
Illegal in California

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The look is not for me, but I thought I'd try it to see what it looked like. I'll probably just go with clear Xpel headlight protection but wanted to post pics so anyone trying to make a decision could see what the smoked ones look like.

Where did you get that stripe? It looks sooooooo cool. Did you apply it or did you have a shop do it?

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
137 Posts
All I need to know Jag! Order going in now! Thanks!
As far as legal, how are the cops going to see what you have on at night if the light is on?
during the day, well, you don't need headlights..
As for the other posters comment about illegal in California
Everything fun or cool is illegal in California.....

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Where did you get that stripe? It looks sooooooo cool. Did you apply it or did you have a shop do it?
Thanks! Got it from VetteFx.com :)

Reactions: Ret9580

·
Registered
366 Posts

View attachment 7205

View attachment 7206

View attachment 7207
I like it.

I'd love to see this on a CGM StingRay, anyone have a pic they could share of that?

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like it.

I'd love to see this on a CGM StingRay, anyone have a pic they could share of that?

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **
Stay tuned....ordered light kit yesterday....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stay tuned....ordered light kit yesterday....
Well, got home and found a package from Xpel (although I ordered from Corvette Mods, guess they just forward to manufacturer for delivery)
...however, whatever the car these were meant to fit is not a C7!
Really pissed!
And of course, too late to call them....Oh, well, just another of life's bites in the ass...
Will post when I get straightened out...

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Those are really dark for "smoke"! I do like the look as well, but I'd rather it just be more of a light tint so you can see the headlight details.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Those are really dark for "smoke"! I do like the look as well, but I'd rather it just be more of a light tint so you can see the headlight details.
I agree, I have clear XPEL

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, got home and found a package from Xpel (although I ordered from Corvette Mods, guess they just forward to manufacturer for delivery)
...however, whatever the car these were meant to fit is not a C7!
Really pissed!
And of course, too late to call them....Oh, well, just another of life's bites in the ass...
Will post when I get straightened out...

Rethought this idea after sitting in front of my stingray affixing new low riding license
plate holder and looking at the headlights...
They are really gorgeous and bad ass as is!
The detail is amazing...
I'm not going to cover it up with this
or "evil eyes" as it is one thing GM did perfectly!!!!
Shipment on the way, unfortunately...
Anyone interested in buying them for 10 bucks less than retail?
Shoot me a pm....

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rethought this idea after sitting in front of my stingray affixing new low riding license
plate holder and looking at the headlights...
They are really gorgeous and bad ass as is!
The detail is amazing...
I'm not going to cover it up with this
or "evil eyes" as it is one thing GM did perfectly!!!!
Shipment on the way, unfortunately...
Anyone interested in buying them for 10 bucks less than retail?
Shoot me a pm....
Did you order the Xpel or the Evil Eyes vinyl?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts