Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had Xpel installed on full hood, full fenders, mirrors, front bumper, headlights, and door handles. I only have 250 miles so figured now is the best time. I did alot of research and Xpel appears to be one of the best in my opinion. I also installed the carbon flash decals. The shop in Arlington did an AMAZING job and is very professional. If you are thinking about a clear bra I definitely recommend Xpel Ultimate!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wife took the pictures! When I get home next week I will take more pictures! RPI did great with the decals!

Reactions: recoto

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have pretty much the same car and am looking at XPEL. Pricing is what I'm looking at right now. They want $625 for the bikini front or $1700 for full front. Don't see how it could cost an additional $1100 just to go the rest of the way up the hood. Plus when driving I've only seen bugs hit the bumper so not sure if it's worth doing hood and fenders. Am thinking of just doing bumper, headlights, mirrors and door cups. Also, like you, want to get rid of the chrome emblems. Looks sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely recommend getting full hood, full fenders, mirrors, full bumper, headlights, and door handle areas. It cost me $1,800......but worth every penny! It is an investment, or kinda like insurance. How much would it cost to sand, prep, and paint these areas? More than $1,800! And now you no longer have the factory paint. You will be kicking yourself in the butt if you get half hood with Xpel, then get a chip on top part of hood. It is bound to happen. So in my opinion it is worth paying more for full coverage.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is also a good idea to cover the rocker panels, since that is where the rocks tend to fly up and scuff the paint. I did the whole car, even the carbon fiber roof. XPEL is definitely the way to go, with the 10 year warranty. You just have to make sure and get the good installers!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wish I could find one up here in northeast PA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am taking mine back to get the carbon fiber roof panel and I have an aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler I am going to have wrapped. After you mentioned the roof panel, got me thinking.....it scratches sooo easy. After I order the side skirts and front splitter, I will have them lined with xpel as well. Xpel is an amazing product!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am taking mine back to get the carbon fiber roof panel and I have an aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler I am going to have wrapped. After you mentioned the roof panel, got me thinking.....it scratches sooo easy. After I order the side skirts and front splitter, I will have them lined with xpel as well. Xpel is an amazing product!
Yep, if you take it off one time and scratch it you will be smashing your head!! Look at it as an insurance policy..I also did the A-pillars around my windshield because rocks always hit there on my cars for some reason...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts