Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YELLOW STINGER HAS IMPROVED HER C7... I'VE BEEN BUSY!!!! JUST A LITTLE BIT

• First - Installed front plate by using the shipped temporary plate (drilled new holes) and slightly bent plate (husband)
  • Second - Had standard aluminum wheels powder coated in gloss black by Wheel Repair Solution, Carrollton, Texas (Eric)
  • Third - Had car prepped by CQuartz Mirror Finishes, Richardson, Texas (Steve in my own garage)
  • Fourth - Had Clear Bra installed by Speed Shield, Addison, Texas (Trey)
  • Fifth - Had PhotoSync window tint installed by Speed Shield (Trey)
  • Sixth - Had Gloss Black Metallic vinyl installed on chrome slat in front grille by Speed Shield (Trey)
  • Lastly - This weekend will be CQuartz Finest to the entire car by Mirror Finishes (Steve)
  • Coming soon, one "under the hood" item and a few interior items

... see some before and after photos below :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clear Bra installation at Speed Shield, Addison, Texas (Trey)

Clear Bra on bumper, 18" of hood and down fenders, mirrors and headlights.

Clear bra 1.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks great!

Reactions: YllwStgr

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice..."photo sync" is a brand name or does it change tint shades?
Both... it's a brand name and it changes tint shades. It's incredible. Allows for great visibility without having really dark tint. Trey turned on a heat lamp... on one side had a very dark standard tint glass slide while on the other side had the light photo sync glass slide. I put my hand under both at the same time and was completely shocked at how much heat the photo sync (lightest shade) kept the heat away from my hand! GREAT STUFF AND WORTH THE $$$

Here's the link to Trey's site (Speed Shield). You'll notice my Yellow C7 install pics too Windshield Protection Film | Protective Coatings | Dallas-Fort Worth

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Nice job! Tina; What exactly were those spots on the "before clay" picture and could they be removed by claying alone?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice job Tina (& friends)
Geeez.... what took you so long!:rolleyes:
Did you save anything to do next year?:D

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Looking verrry sharp! :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Those wheels really look awesome. Very nice job on the improvements. It's kind of difficult to call them improvements considering the overall beauty of the Stingray but it came out really nice.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very nice look and thanks for the info. While wheels are a personal choice I would just note, being a racing fan, black is almost universal on the track, if you want a track look. Just spent second day at COTA for USGP.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice job! Tina; What exactly were those spots on the "before clay" picture and could they be removed by claying alone?
Steve, from Mirror Finishes, has a spray that he applies to a washed (not rinsed) vehicle before using clay, polishing and then applying CQuartz Finest and/or Clear Bra. This "spray" will reveal any sediment... mainly iron flecks in the paint from transport and brake dust (even acid from bird doo, tree sap) by turning it a purple color. I had very little...revealed by my circles in the photo. Once they were revealed, he used clay to take it off, followed by a good polish then CQF and/or the Clear Bra. I never saw this process done before... very interesting and informative. The goal of the spray is to remove the sediment so it's not stuck under the CQF or Clear Bra.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The spray is a de-iron liquid that loosens and identifies iron flecks in your paint from transport and your brake dust. The big two are sonax wheel cleaner and iron-x..avail at any detail site like autogeek.if you want to treat your wheels right, they should come off every 6 months and sprayed, cleaned and sealed again.

I did it here on the autopia detailing site:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums...ailing/38206-wheel-well-detailing-iron-x.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts