Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I get asked these questions alot so I thought I would share the video I did last month with all the Stingray brethren. click on the youtube video link above, use a PC with speakers on.

Mike Furman

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Nice video Mike good review for me, having done it a few times now myself.

I would just add to be careful if you are removing or installing it in the garage or any inclosed space. Be aware of what is above the roof. I almost put a big scratch in my painted roof panel from the garage door opener the first time I took it off in the garage.

·
Registered
993 Posts
He missed the pinched seal on the passenger side when he installed the top. Sorry, but you do need to check both sides.

Reactions: somethincreativ

·
Registered
311 Posts
I always remove it and put it back on with my wife. Haven't tried doing it alone yet.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Good tip when doing it alone about balancing against your chest.

Also don't forget to open the hatch on the coupe as the very first step. That way you are not having to put the top down or have to struggle to open the hatch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also you might want to be sure the windows are down for the targa top removal and replacement...IMO

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Also you might want to be sure the windows are down for the targa top removal and replacement...IMO
I have found in the many times I have removed and put back RedHot's roof panel that it is a lot easier to do if you simply open both driver and passenger doors. If you are doing it by yourself as I do, you can then partially step in to the car to better handle the initial lift off of the panel and balance the weight as you take it off of the car. :cool:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the video and the comments. I feel like I can now do this without issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts