Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my problem i can keep my order and get my vette without the Z51 package or i can wait til the constraints are lifted and get it with the Z51 package. i would like to hear from some guys without the Z51 to get their opinion on their cars thanks.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Not sure this helps but Z51 constraints should start easing by the end of the month.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm waiting. The 0-60 gets shaved about .3-.5 seconds. So without its 4.1-4.3 and with its 3.8-3.9. Worth waiting for so a mustang doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm waiting. The 0-60 gets shaved about .3-.5 seconds. So without its 4.1-4.3 and with its 3.8-3.9. Worth waiting for so a mustang doesn't stand a chance.
So, I have the 2lt coupe, not Z51, and it has enough power for me. If you want to take it to the track, the Z51 may be the way to go although my 2lt coupe isn't keeping me away from the track. I'll be there in December. The 2lt has enough power for me. You can select Weather, Eco, Touring, Sport or Track... so to me the extra money wasn't really worth it. I'm really enjoying it.

If you're not a track driver, no point in spending the extra money. That's just my opinion.

BTW... Depends on the Mustang... my husband's has 770+ hp lol

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
A point of clarification: To my knowledge the power of both the base and Z51 is identical. If both have the performance exhaust they get an equal boost from it. Straight line zero to sixty times should be virtually identical with both the base and Z51 if both are equipped with the same transmission or possibly a smidgin quicker in the base do to it being slightly lighter. The differences between the base and Z51 become apparent if you are tracking them or autocrossing them, where the differences based on the suspension and brakes come into play. :cool:

·
Registered
658 Posts
A point of clarification: To my knowledge the power of both the base and Z51 is identical. If both have the performance exhaust they get an equal boost from it. Straight line zero to sixty times should be virtually identical with both the base and Z51 if both are equipped with the same transmission or possibly a smidgin quicker in the base do to it being slightly lighter. The differences between the base and Z51 become apparent if you are tracking them or autocrossing them, where the differences based on the suspension and brakes come into play. :cool:
The z51 has a tighter gear ratio in the manual trans so that makes it a bit faster. In addition the rear end in the z51 has the electronic limited slip which makes a on road coarses along with the dry sump oil pan

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think its worth the wait. for the money it has incredible value.:cool:

Z51 Performance Package includes
(J55) performance brakes
(J6A) Black-painted calipers, slotted brake rotors
(Z52) dry sump oil system
(FE3) Z51 performance suspension, specific shocks, springs and stabilizer bars
(XFJ) P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear tires
(Q7S) Silver-painted aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels, performance gear ratios
(G96) Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD)
(KNR) rear differential cooler, transmission cooling and an Aero Package

:cool:

Reactions: Mgorski and Sinner

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
The z51 has a tighter gear ratio in the manual trans so that makes it a bit faster. In addition the rear end in the z51 has the electronic limited slip which makes a on road coarses along with the dry sump oil pan
Thanks, that is true re the differential and the dry sump but neither come into play in a straight line 0 to 60. I forgot about the gear ratio, that probably negates the weight difference.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The edif, larger brakes, wheels and tires alone are worth much more than the $2800 price. I'll wait till they sort out the supplier issues, I have no interest in a base model.

·
Registered
187 Posts
this is my problem i can keep my order and get my vette without the Z51 package or i can wait til the constraints are lifted and get it with the Z51 package. i would like to hear from some guys without the Z51 to get their opinion on their cars thanks.
I'm really enjoying my 3LT "base" model. Sure, the Z51 can be a bit flashier, depending on color choice and combinations, but I'm in love with this thing. It's smooth and powerful, and people won't leave me alone when I drive it. I think when people hear "base model" they assume this is the model with no options. I have $15,000+ worth of options to keep me happy. They're both awesome cars. But, if you wait for the Z51, you will not regret it. Those black wheels with red calipers....(if you like that combo, of course)

·
Registered
476 Posts
If u dont race.. goto drag strip or road courses.. no point in Z51.. u can save the money.. u can add headers get big hp bump to make it faster

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've driven both the Z-51 and non Z-51 quite a bit. The package is worth every penny. However, if you don't road track or autocross the car then you'll likely never see the real benefit of the package. It really just comes down to how soon you want to take delivery.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've driven both the Z-51 and non Z-51 quite a bit. The package is worth every penny. However, if you don't road track or autocross the car then you'll likely never see the real benefit of the package. It really just comes down to how soon you want to take delivery.
Dont undersrand y some people that probably wont race the car or even drive it agressive much would want it. My dealer had guy cancel order to wait for Z51 but told them no he nit going to race or track the car.
Waste miney if not. Dry sump only for track pulling over a G constantly.
Mag suspension just to make it super firm for track. Its very bumpy on the street.. electronic diff ti realky gelp get power down out of turn.
But people just want to be able to say they have Z51. No one else will know. U can add a spoiler. .
Shit tighter gears mean nothing mine keeps spinning

·
Registered
219 Posts
All very valid points about Z51. I got 3LT with Z51 loaded with everything. I guess the way I look at this, is this is the dream car Ive been literally been waiting for several years (was supposed to be released in 2013). And if one is going to be paying close to $65-70K as it is, might as well get it completely loaded. But everyone's choices, budgets & likes are different. If someone is happy without Z51 package, it's still a kick-ass car & value.

Reactions: JCobalt and elegant

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too was given the option to opt out of the Z51 in order to get delivery this year. I took it. Here's why.
1. I don't plan to track the car
2. I can get the rear Z51 spoiler in the cars color (Torch Red)
3. I found a set of stunning after market wheels to make me forget the absence of the Z51 set
4. I am ordering an automatic and it will be a car my wife and I use for long vacation drives - from all reports the base car has a "better" highway ride
5. The base car has a very good limited slip diff
6. I took some of the savings and added some more options and still came out will less cost

·
Registered
476 Posts
I too was given the option to opt out of the Z51 in order to get delivery this year. I took it. Here's why.
1. I don't plan to track the car
2. I can get the rear Z51 spoiler in the cars color (Torch Red)
3. I found a set of stunning after market wheels to make me forget the absence of the Z51 set
4. I am ordering an automatic and it will be a car my wife and I use for long vacation drives - from all reports the base car has a "better" highway ride
5. The base car has a very good limited slip diff
6. I took some of the savings and added some more options and still came out will less cost
Yeah base way smoother & still pull a G.. yeah still has good limited slip diff
Now when u get it make some 0-60mph vids to show just as fast on the street

1 - 19 of 19 Posts