Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the issue of Z06 interior color location, especially differences from the StingRay, is important and needs further clarification, here is what we have definitively learned (some of which is discussed in earlier, linked thread).

The Z06 interior is a "driver focused interior." Interior color placement follows this concept. Understand that more than a few will not be happy about the elimination of a contrasting color on the passenger side (except for the seats and the armrest), but this is why they are calling the Z06's interior driver-focused. It is following several European cars doing exactly the same thing (not that that justifies it, but just explaining where it comes from). Here's an earlier thread about the Z06 driver focused interior, with pictures.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/2015-corvette-z06/3162-z-s-driver-focused-interior.html

And here is the definitive video, starting at 18:45 concerning the Z06's interior, narrated at the April, 2014 NCM Bash by Ryan Vaughan, Chief Interior Design Manager for both the StingRay and the 2015 Z06. For those who want a summary without seeing the video, here's the "cliff notes."

1) The 1LZ ONLY has color on the seats;
2) Color location on the 2LZ and the 3LZ is identical (imitation leather/vinyl on the 2LZ, real leather on the 3LZ);
3) On a 2LZ and on a 3LZ, there is only color (other than the carpet) on the seats, the armrests, the console lid, and on an approximate 3" wide, upside down U-shaped piece that surrounds the driver's instrument panel. There is no color on the dash in front of the passenger on any Z06, regardless of trim level.

Here is the PowerPoint screen print summarizing Z06 color placement by trim level and interior color. Sorry about picture clarity.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
For many reasons, it remains to be seen if I will continue to hold out for a Z06, or if I will pull the trigger on a 3LT StingRay before then. Anyway, if I do hold out for a Z06 (it is so wide and attractive!) then GM has saved me some money with their decisions on the color locations, as I would step down to a 2LZ on a Z06. On the StingRay, the drastic color difference from 2LT to 3LT was the difference there for me.

John, thank you for confirming this color scheme is set in stone on the Z06. I was hoping that the Z06 interior color schemes were not yet finalized, and that there was some hope the 3LZ would look like the 3LT; however, this video has dashed such hopes.

Okay, my decision is made: if I can continue to hold out for the Z06, it will be a Crystal Red Stage-1 Coupe with 2LZ Dark Gray interior trim, and the Pearl Nickel wheel rims.

By the way, I placed a deposit on a Z06 with a very large dealer late last winter, so I do have hope of a 2015 delivery, if I can hold out until then. :)

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
rdslon01 said:
John, thank you for confirming this color scheme is set in stone on the Z06. I was hoping that the Z06 interior color schemes were not yet finalized, and that there was some hope the 3LZ would look like the 3LT; however, this video has dashed such hopes.
I spent quite of time talking with Ryan at the Bash, one of the planet's top-ten nicest people. As he committed by e mail weeks before, he brought Z06 new interior actual samples, and to insure that Annie was happy with the dark gray interior, he asked if I would take him to where she was volunteering, at the event registration table, then spent time talking with her. She loves the dark gray too.

Back on point, asked him specifically if everything we were seeing at the Bash and in his presentation was the final, final Z06 interior, and he said said, "yes."

One top magazine reviewer said that the only difference he was noticing in the StingRay 3LT vs. the 2LT was the smell of leather, and since some would not have purchased either the IWE nor the PDR, there are going to be lots of folks who will choose instead the 2LT, saving, literally more than the cost of 2LT option.

Here is a great, cheap alternative to buying the a Nav, yet still having your Nav hidden!!!

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...asing/5444-inexpensive-hidden-nav-option.html

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
For many reasons, it remains to be seen if I will continue to hold out for a Z06, or if I will pull the trigger on a 3LT StingRay before then. Anyway, if I do hold out for a Z06 (it is so wide and attractive!) then GM has saved me some money with their decisions on the color locations, as I would step down to a 2LZ on a Z06. On the StingRay, the drastic color difference from 2LT to 3LT was the difference there for me.

Okay, my decision is made: if I can continue to hold out for the Z06, it will be a Crystal Red Stage-1 Coupe with 2LZ Dark Gray interior trim, and the Pearl Nickel wheel rims.

By the way, I placed a deposit on a Z06 with a very large dealer late last winter, so I do have hope of a 2015 delivery, if I can hold out until then. :)
Hang in there Rodney, YOU DESERVE IT! And anything worthwhile is worth waiting for..... No compromises in the interest of practicality and never look back saying "I Wished I Had." I've seen too many people over the years do that, including myself. Patience is a true virtue... :)

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Thanks, Tom, but the old Oldsmobile may not cooperate and last that long. :) It is on its last legs, and when it goes, I have to go ahead and get something. That will be a Z51 if the Olds dies before the Z06 is available to me. My wife and I are a two car family, and it will stay that way except for sharing just her car for the 8-12 weeks required for the order to come in (I will pull the trigger on my Z51 order immediately when the Olds dies).

Reactions: tmcternan

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks, Tom, but the old Oldsmobile may not cooperate and last that long. :) It is on its last legs, and when it goes, I have to go ahead and get something. That will be a Z51 if the Olds dies before the Z06 is available to me. My wife and I are a two car family, and it will stay that way except for sharing just her car for the 8-12 weeks required for the order to come in (I will pull the trigger on my Z51 order immediately when the Olds dies).
:) I thought about getting rid of my 370Z early just so I have the extra cash available when the time comes and picking up some cheap old "Rat Trap" for a couple of grand just to get around. Something cheap enough where I won't lose any money on it because those move quickly because they're so cheap... Try not to fall into the trap of every time you see a Z06 you say to yourself "I wish I had."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts