Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
History may have repeated itself, with a GM media "premature posting" of info that wasn't supposed to be yet revealed.

Last May, when GM was officially saying 450/450 estimated for the StingRay, I stumbled onto a GM media site which showed the real 455/460 numbers, and of course, immediately screen printed and posted that picture.

This time someone else (thank you) came across the following info; especially notice the third line down.

Of course, tried to click on the link, but everything is now "a generic reveal announcement," though you can tell this is an official GM web site, here:

Only six more days...

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
News similarly also being reported about Jalopnik. For those who doubt Jalopnik's credibility, google their Nov. 14, 2011 complete "expose" of the upcoming StingRay.

jalopnik said:
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Has 620 Horses, 650 Pound Feet Of Torque

The 2015 Corvette Z06 will be upon us next week, where they'll unveil it at the Detroit Auto Show and online. The website for the reveal is already up, and the meta data has leaked that the Z06 will have 620 horsepower and 650 pound feet of torque. Nice.

As a keen reader pointed out, if you go on the Googles and search "2015 Corvette Z06 supercar reveal," the website meta data for the launch site reveals just how much power is in the newest super Corvette.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Damn looks like I might have been off by 5 hp. Then again if they do an optional performance exhaust like the LT1 then we gain back the 5 hp. :)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
What's even more hilarious is the thread on one of the "other" corvette forums where the know-it-all's are claiming those numbers are not only bogus but unobtainable. Some trying to use their somewhat cursory knowledge of how HP is calculated to claim the math says you can't have more torque than HP........ I guess none of them have ever owned a Harley ;)

Reactions: elegant

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Easily attainable with the already leaked Eaton blower similar to the ZR1 plus adding the efficiency of DI and most likely a raised CR over what the LS9 has. I can tell you a simple upper pulley change on the 1.9L Eaton supercharger can get close to 650 crank HP! That's $150 part from us. I'll be interested to see the design of the new supercharger if that's what it is; however, it will be right up my alley with what I've been working on the past 4 years. I have stock bottom end Vs (less cam) at over 900 crank HP running around out there. If GM does a blower, they'll follow suit most likely with forged internals at that estimated price range and the "weak link" the LSA motor has will once again be gone like the LS9 motor and 1000 crank HP will be imminent :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
History may have repeated itself, with a GM media "premature posting" of info that wasn't supposed to be yet revealed.

Last May, when GM was officially saying 450/450 estimated for the StingRay, I stumbled onto a GM media site which showed the real 455/460 numbers, and of course, immediately screen printed and posted that picture.

This time someone else (thank you) came across the following info; especially notice the third line down.

Of course, tried to click on the link, but everything is now "a generic reveal announcement," though you can tell this is an official GM web site, here:

Only six more days...

Elegant did you notice : Available Early 2015 :(

You got another whole yr to wait.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Elegant did you notice : Available Early 2015. You got another whole yr to wait.

I will live vicariously through your StingRays, drive my C6 Z06, and go cross-country on the 2014 National Corvette Caravan. Still, as many of you know, as my delivery gets closer, each day will start to feel like two or three.

The actual GM December 5th press release said: "Production is expected to begin in late 2014."

In fact, there was considerable discussion within GM, due to the length of time between the January 13th reveal and the late 2014 production start, whether to delay the Z06's reveal to another time, perhaps to the New York Auto show, etc. They beat their schedule for the delivery of the StingRay coupes by 10 days, delivered StingRay convertibles 2 1/2 weeks ahead of their schedule, and so with luck, I will get it late, late 2014. Only 358 days to go...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts