Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Mclaren 12C does it in 2.8, but it's down 200 to 300lbs and also 200ft/lbs. With a launch control system and torque management and the 8 speed auto it "could" happen and even faster potentially!!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
The Mclaren 12C does it in 2.8, but it's down 200 to 300lbs and also 200ft/lbs. With a launch control system and torque management and the 8 speed auto it "could" happen and even faster potentially!!
And the base sticker for the 12C is only $283,530!! Of course if you want it painted or other "options" like Nav ($7,200), NPP $ (6,330), leather interior ($6,000), heated seats ($3,600) etc. it would be much more.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I bet "Snorman" could do it under 2.8 ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I bet that at the very least he has tried! ;)
He could not have tried cause he does not have one, he has a C7 and he got his under the 3.8 I believe it was the low 3's?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 0-60 numbers on the new hellcat at 4700 lbs is rumored to be around 3.5 - taking this into account the lighter Z with only 57 less hp should make the 3 second mark or maybe better. I was looking at getting the Z but with the pricing close to $100k loses appeal and my bank account. My next choice would be the 2016 hellcat, Camaro ZL1, Mustang GT500 if optioned with a auto and Porsche Cayman S. Price point is $75-80k fully optioned. Test drives will seal the deal.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love (and agree with) Carrol Shelby's quote, "horsepower is for bragging rights, while torque is for winning races." Torque is the key component in acceleration, and as both the Z06 and the Hellcat have equal torque, with the Z approximately 750 pounds less, going to be a fun contest for fans to watch at a drag race track, but no contest!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AutoMotive, believe you can have your Z06 with an auto if you wish, run high 10's in the quarter mile at under $85K if you don't order its non-performance niceties.

The base/no option Z comes equipped with every performance goody you might want standard, except if you were to want the auto, and, as you know every option thereafter (except for color) slows it down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And the base sticker for the 12C is only $283,530!! Of course if you want it painted or other "options" like Nav ($7,200), NPP $ (6,330), leather interior ($6,000), heated seats ($3,600) etc. it would be much more.
You missed the point entirely... I'm talking hp to weight and you're ticking options boxes.. Lol

So by your theory, cost should predetermine performance... I love breaking hearts of people who think this way... Thankfully there are people out there (not saying you are one of them) who do indeed think this way and makes educating them with a spanking that much more gratifying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Boomer,
I'm not the type to say I told you so, but today I am lol ;)
Looks like the new Z will be right there with a McLaren 12C's acceleration figures. I guess you don't need to spend $300k today! Woohoo! Good news for all of us Z fans. :)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
timberwolf, that was a great call back in July when you wrote that "with a launch control system and torque management and the 8 speed auto" a Z06 0-60 time "'could' happen and even faster potentially" than the 3.0 seconds posted by "cars_revs_daily".

Great call!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Hey Boomer,
I'm not the type to say I told you so, but today I am lol ;)
Looks like the new Z will be right there with a McLaren 12C's acceleration figures. I guess you don't need to spend $300k today! Woohoo! Good news for all of us Z fans. :)
Good call! I didn't miss your point at all. You read more into my post than what I said. I didn't have a theory. In fact, looking at your post, I can't figure out what theory you think I had! All I said was what the 12C costs. Nothing more.

BTW I was "out of pocket" for two months and didn't see your response to my cost post till today. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts