Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Z06 Compendium!

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  timberwolf 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I bet "Snorman" could do it under 2.8 ;)

#7 ·
He could not have tried cause he does not have one, he has a C7 and he got his under the 3.8 I believe it was the low 3's?

#8 ·
The 0-60 numbers on the new hellcat at 4700 lbs is rumored to be around 3.5 - taking this into account the lighter Z with only 57 less hp should make the 3 second mark or maybe better. I was looking at getting the Z but with the pricing close to $100k loses appeal and my bank account. My next choice would be the 2016 hellcat, Camaro ZL1, Mustang GT500 if optioned with a auto and Porsche Cayman S. Price point is $75-80k fully optioned. Test drives will seal the deal.

#9 ·
Love (and agree with) Carrol Shelby's quote, "horsepower is for bragging rights, while torque is for winning races." Torque is the key component in acceleration, and as both the Z06 and the Hellcat have equal torque, with the Z approximately 750 pounds less, going to be a fun contest for fans to watch at a drag race track, but no contest!

#10 ·
AutoMotive, believe you can have your Z06 with an auto if you wish, run high 10's in the quarter mile at under $85K if you don't order its non-performance niceties.

The base/no option Z comes equipped with every performance goody you might want standard, except if you were to want the auto, and, as you know every option thereafter (except for color) slows it down.

#13 ·
timberwolf, that was a great call back in July when you wrote that "with a launch control system and torque management and the 8 speed auto" a Z06 0-60 time "'could' happen and even faster potentially" than the 3.0 seconds posted by "cars_revs_daily".

Great call!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.