Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Debuting, officially, in just 4 1/2 days, at Press Days at the New York Auto Show, this new C7 variant is, IMO, the Z06 convertible, for as the old saying goes, if it looks like a duck, walks like a talk, squawks like a duck, it is a Blade Silver Z06 convertible (with for the first time, showing the chrome version of the Z06's wheels).

Thanks to GMAuthority for this "I'm dressed, but I'm really naked" picture!

GMAuthority said:
Sent to us by a loyal reader, this photo shows a C7 Corvette of some sort that is covered in protective wrapping, closely guarded by security, and looks ready to fit in a carrier and sent to the 2014 New York International Auto Show, mirrors folded and all. It’s wide, like the 2015 Corvette Z06, but adorned with flashier wheels than what we’ve seen. And if we were gamblers, we’d take it to the bank that it’s a convertible.

All of these indicators point to this cloaked Corvette Convertible to be the latest variant of the C7 family, which is officially going to debut during next week’s NYIAS. Is it the C7 Grand Sport? Or perhaps the next 427 Convertible? But since there currently isn’t 427 cubic-inch motor in the Gen. V Small Block family, it could be named the Z06 Convertible.
Read more: 2015 Corvette Z06 Or Grand Sport Convertible Spied? | GM Authority

And here is a previous rendering of what it would look like in plain site in VY thanks to HasenArt.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Looking very closely, I also conclude it is a Z06 convertible. I don't see how it could be anything else!

·
Registered
136 Posts
It will be a great vehicle to drive.
Chevrolet key Verily chord with car enthusiasts of North American sports convertible with Z06.
The summer will be long, I hope it will be released in or near the $ 100,000.

My deposit is given for a Z06 now it will be for Convertible Z06:cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotten a couple of e mails from friends who may be totally correct, and they are thinking GrandSport. If so, my Z06 convertible conclusion would be totally wrong. They are suggesting that GM could be introducing a GrandSport at NYAS, and that what better disguise than to move it around with a Z06 hood and wheels, perhaps even deliberately/temporarily placing it where it would be photographed.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
So, fender flairs, wide tires and the same 460HP drive train and call it a Grand Sport? Would be fodder for the "Z06 wantabe" comments GS owners endured with the C6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts