Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Laguna Blue
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have a base 2014 2LT, i want to swap to, SKU 84115258 ( Z06 Grill). not sure what year this is, or does it matter.
I have searched the forum for this answer, however i just want to verify here with up to date info. Does it make a difference what year C7 Z06 grill, are they all the same, and will it fit. this one is located at the Chevy dealer locally and 1 left. when i put in " see if this fits your vehicle" it says it does not, however i see everyone doing it. Thanks in advance for your help and have a great weekend.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,927 Posts
The front bumper is the same for all C7's so the Z06 grill is in fact interchangeable and will fit in spite of the message that says it does not as I have Z06/GS grill on my Stingray like many others.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Greetings,

I have a base 2014 2LT, i want to swap to, SKU 84115258 ( Z06 Grill). not sure what year this is, or does it matter.
I have searched the forum for this answer, however i just want to verify here with up to date info. Does it make a difference what year C7 Z06 grill, are they all the same, and will it fit. this one is located at the Chevy dealer locally and 1 left. when i put in " see if this fits your vehicle" it says it does not, however i see everyone doing it. Thanks in advance for your help and have a great weekend.
Also the front Z06 spoiler will fit as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
10-4 I will definitely post some pics also with the new Corsa carbon fiber air intake.
How major a job is replacing the grill? Is this a diy in your garage kind of thing? I'm still running the original grill, with sprayed chrome cross piece.

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Reactions: Steam

·
Registered
2014 Laguna Blue
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some videos out there, I’m having my Chevy tech do the work off the side at the dealer, I’m guessing around a couple hours for the grill and under 1 hour for the new intake.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Definitely a DIY project in under an hour. There are a good amount of videos showing where the connectors and screws are located plus screw size.
Watch a couple of videos before attempting so you’ll minimize any damage from not knowing where all screws and fasteners are.
As I mentioned, having prior knowledge will let you do the job smartly without any setbacks - and under an hour.
If you get the front spoiler it’ll take less than 30 minutes to install.
Have fun,
Chris

·
Registered
2014 Laguna Blue
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! Thanks for all the info ! Greatly appreciated, dealer tech will be doing the work and I have videos to review BEFORE he starts. He is a lot of experience with mods so I feel good about it.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,927 Posts
From my personal and logic perspective is it’s a style difference and came about when the wide body Z06 and GS were introduced with the same grill. The Grand Sport and Stingray have the same engine so it’s not a better functional cooling advantage that one could say if “only” the Z06 had the grill and Grand Sport had a different style grill but they are the same.

Is there any advantage to the Z06 grill or is it simply a style exchange?
thx

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Laguna Blue
10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ha ha!!! I had to go out in the garage twice. I didn’t see what all the hoopla was about. Mine looked great. But then after your before and after pics, the previous owner of my Z51 must have already swapped it out. I do see the difference. I also learned something new… Thanks Stingray Forums!

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Ha ha!!! I had to go out in the garage twice. I didn’t see what all the hoopla was about. Mine looked great. But then after your before and after pics, the previous owner of my Z51 must have already swapped it out. I do see the difference. I also learned something new… Thanks Stingray Forums!
Too funny! Of course, there are those of us who also like the OEM grill with the chrome horizontal accent.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts