Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here are most of the Z06 highlights as I recall....

1) Common to StingRay & Z06 Info:

The New Daytona orange is somewhere between Atomic and the old Daytona. I talked to a few employees, not sales people or dealers so my sources seem to be reliable. They have not even seen it yet! This is just what they were told.

Shark Gray is a lot darker than what I expected, maybe 2 shades lighter then Cyber Gray. Has flecks of silver and blue in it. Very close in color to the Carbon Flash Metallic

The new 8 speed Automatic should address the overheating issues when on the track and should not require any further cooling modifications. If it does get hot there are safeties built in to protect it.

Protective 3M on front end.

Side skirts on ZO7 and Pacific Design are same shape only difference is materials used.

No track bar as an option with Competition Seats because of liability..."leaving it to the aftermarket guys".

2) Z06 Specific Info:

A purpose built track car is "possibly" being considered and probably before a ZR1.:cool:

ZO6 Coupe may be out by December.

The ZO6 may have the option of having the buyer participate in the engine build like it was in 2013.:eek:

No track bar as an option with Competition Seats because of liability..."leaving it to the aftermarket guys"

ZO6 chassis FRAME is basically, if not exactly the same as the stock Stingray and the C7R. Only mods are to what is hanging on the frame.

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a side note. Having tracked all types of cars I can say that the ZO6 may be well suited for the track but it is actually too much torque for most and will be a handful. I expect to see a lot of carnage once these hit the tracks next year.

·
18,670 Posts
Agreed. As we know, the Z06 will have the fourth highest torque of every 2015 production car (with the other three costing an average of $1,100,000). And the carnage from overconfident drivers will also be on the streets unfortunately.

One piece of info above that can be crystallized (no longer a "maybe") is that, as per a previous GM announcement, Z06 LT4 motors will be able to be assembled through the Bowling Green Assembly Plant "Engine Build" program. Guess the person who talked with "dpmdc" did not get that GM memo.

·
18,670 Posts
In the StingRay Bloomington Gold thread, "dmpdc" reported that, "The Pacific Design will be delayed primarily because of the rear wicker bill. It's not creating enough down force with the large front splitter. The new one will look similar to the ZO7 but won't be as tall and the side wings will not project forward as much. Center section will NOT be transparent. The change should balance the car better. Should still be out before December."

I think we are starting to learn what Tadge reported at the Bash, that as a result of snow finally melting at Milford Proving Ground, and subsequent further testing, "we need more rear downforce on all Z06 versions." Did the above quote tell us what the stage 2 rear spoiler will look like? I think so! And if correct, it addresses at least my visual/appearance concern that the previous stage 2 version spoiler is not pretty. Functional yes, but not good to look at in my opinion, with more details/pictures in post #1 of this thread.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/2015-corvette-z06/4989-controversial-stage-2-spoiler.html

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my understanding from the conversation I had was that they were going to leave the z06 alone the only concern was the Pacific Design edition

·
18,670 Posts
I looked closely at the Pacific front splitter and other than the size of the winglets, it appeared to be the same as the Z07's. And similarly, from what we have been told, the stage 2 splitter and the Z07 splitter are the same other than the major winglet size difference. Now we learn that the Pacific's spoiler is going to be made larger to get more rear downforce.

Along with 1,400 others, heard Tadge say at the Bash, that they needed to increase rear downforce on all versions of the Z06. Not doubting that you were told that, just wondering how these seeming inconsistent things all fit together. Guess we have to wait until later to get all four spoilers' configurations and sizes to be known to us....

Perhaps the greater positive rake of the Z06 explains the difference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was at Bloomington also. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have the Tiger Shark Gray car there. dpmdc, you must have seen the spoiler on one of the cars that was TSG. The two Z06 they had was the Blade Silver vert and the Yellow coupe. Great looking cars in any color. LOL

NE Thomas
Mexico, Missouri

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Shark Grey was on the Atlantic Design vert on the rear deck lid behind the seats

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Shark Grey was on the Atlantic Design vert on the rear deck lid behind the seats
I think what you saw was the Cyber Gray... the vents that was on the car where said to be Shark Gray in the future but not on the sample cars. Ask John Elegant.
There is a huge defferance in Shark gray and Carbon Flash... Several shades. look at all the pictures of the Shark Gray Z06 and the vents are Carbon Flash..not close.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you have any Pictures, would like to see what you saw. The Pacific Car that was at the Bash did not have Shark Gray on it. As far as I had been told there is only one set of the Pacific and Alantic cars on tour.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Perhaps what was seen was the Shark Gray Stinger hood vent that was on the Atlantic convertible?
John, I thought you told me that the Vent was later said not to have been Shark...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Carbon flash does not have blue and silver flecks. Could the color seen have been CG, which has blue flecks for sure.

Not trying to stir the pot. Just trying to get good info. Was hoping SG would be much lighter than CG.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
John, I thought you told me that the Vent was later said not to have been Shark...
It is called Fusion Gray in all of GM's press releases, however, as you know: Shark Gray = Fusion Gray = Shark Gray.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts