Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an internal GM memo (verified by talking with folks today who have received the memo), August 31st will be the day when Z06 info and pricing will be released.

No more info than that, but probably we will see the Z06 Order Guide, learn pricing, a couple more performance figures, maybe even fuel economy numbers and weight.

August 31 is a Sunday, the day after the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration is over, but that is the release date according to the GM's memo.

Going on a limb here, and thinking just like GM announced the StingRay's pricing at the National Corvette Museum (April, 2013 Bash), maybe they will announce Z06 pricing at the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration? It is confirmed that at least Harlan Charles (Product Manager), Kirk Bennion (Chief Designer), Todd Christensen (Marketing Manager) and many, many more top Z06 staff will be at the NCM, and that Caravan/Anniversary Celebration attendance is now over 7,500, so maybe pricing and information will be announced Saturday, August 30th at the event?

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, mid afternoon I was starting to preparie a poll as to when Z06 pricing was going to be released, when I got received two communications with that information.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Great news John. I wonder what people will come up with to speculate and argue about then? Needless to say, I've taken it on the chin a few more times than I would have preferred in those threads. Must admit, we've been in the dark for so long, this is going to be a major relief and we can then plan our strategies and wish lists. "We're Getting Closer." :)

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealers could be getting their 2015 Z06 allocations in the next 7-10 days IF there is a parallel timetable as there was between the announcements of 2015 StingRay dealer allocations and StingRay pricing.

There was approximately a little more than a one month period between dealers getting their 2015 StingRay allocations and 2015 StingRay pricing being announced, and with August 31st being the announced state for Z06 pricing, all else being equal, dealers will learn their 2015 Z06 allocations approximately this coming Friday.

That is the parallel, but personally doubt dealers will be getting their Z06 allocations until about mid-August.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks for the good news John. This Friday or in 3-4 weeks doesn't really matter that much to me as this represents a strong step forward for all of us. "WE'RE GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER." Many answers to our unanswered question are coming soon, which is great news. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts