Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tough question to answer. It depends on your age, driving record, location, etc.. My guess is Z06 insurance will be more expensive than most other $80k - $100k cars. Probably similar to like an M6.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It all has to do with where you live, your driving record, your age and even your credit score. I would just call your insurance agent and ask.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ontario Canada - The cheapest you will ensure a Z06 is around $1800 a year and that is with an excellent insurance record, over 25 and insured long enough to have earned their 5 star reputation discount. That is also listing it as a recreational vehicle where mileage is significantly less than a normal vehicle. That is coming straight from the hubby of a State Farm agent.

The Stingray would have been $1100 per year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ontario Canada - The cheapest you will ensure a Z06 is around $1800 a year and that is with an excellent insurance record, over 25 and insured long enough to have earned their 5 star reputation discount. That is also listing it as a recreational vehicle where mileage is significantly less than a normal vehicle. That is coming straight from the hubby of a State Farm agent.

The Stingray would have been $1100 per year.
Seriously? Stingray=1.1k? and Z06=1.8k? R8 insurance cost is only around 2.4k, why vette has high insurance cost and yet it is not exotic?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Insurance in Winnipeg is government controlled and different than the rest of Canada. When I lived there once upon a time, my 81 FBird Formula insurance was 240 per year.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Check out post #7 in this thread.

I think you should shop around for lower rates.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My C7 Z51 cost $700/yr full coverage with1k deductible. I think my Z06 will be 50% higher around 1k/yr.
I managed to get a $150 month for 2015 Z51 full coverage with $500 collision / $100 comp deductible and GAP coverage...
It would lower to $110 a month if I bundled and changed my home owners and also save $700 a year on all of my other cars and boats combined.
I am over 40 with no tickets and zero at fault accidents (2 uninsured motorist claims in the last 10 years) been with the same insurance carrier for over 25 years.
$700 is awesome deal

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
... if I bundled and changed my home owners ...
Yeah, this is definitely the way to save the most. I'm in my 40's, no recent tickets, and I'm paying right around $300/year for my 2014 convertible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Of course all this matters:
It all has to do with where you live, your driving record, your age and even your credit score. I would just call your insurance agent and ask.

I called my agent and mine is going up about $100.00 per month.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
State Farm comes through

I've added my new Z06 Convertible to my State Farm insurance and I'm really relieved at the cost.

I live in the City of Saint Louis and as I like to say, I pay for that privilege with higher insurance rates than in the burbs. I get a discount because I have my home and now 3 cars with State Farm. I've been with them for 20+ years, etc. But, I had a minor accident 15 months ago that was my fault and my SO just had one in January (both on my policy) in which the other car wasn't noticeable damaged but the driver is making a bodily injury claim . SO, despite 20 plus accident free years, two recent claims made me fear adding the Z.

I have 100/300 with a $1M umbrella and $500 deductible (the umbrella which covers home and auto liability is cheap by the way so you should have it too) and it will cost me $115/month to add the Z. While this might sound high to some, I couldn't be more pleased. I expected it to be twice that number.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Not bad with 2 at-faults in 3 years.

Hope you don't get bumped into another rating tier at your next renewal or after they pay on the most recent incident (if they pay).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've added my new Z06 Convertible to my State Farm insurance and I'm really relieved at the cost.

I live in the City of Saint Louis and as I like to say, I pay for that privilege with higher insurance rates than in the burbs. I get a discount because I have my home and now 3 cars with State Farm. I've been with them for 20+ years, etc. But, I had a minor accident 15 months ago that was my fault and my SO just had one in January (both on my policy) in which the other car wasn't noticeable damaged but the driver is making a bodily injury claim . SO, despite 20 plus accident free years, two recent claims made me fear adding the Z.

I have 100/300 with a $1M umbrella and $500 deductible (the umbrella which covers home and auto liability is cheap by the way so you should have it too) and it will cost me $115/month to add the Z. While this might sound high to some, I couldn't be more pleased. I expected it to be twice that number.
That's about what my Z06 is through the California Automobile Association (AAA) who I've been insured with since 1968. I've tried shopping around but haven't found anyone else that's come even close. Aside from the amount of the premiums though, the big question is how your treated in the event you end up with a claim? That's just as important, if not more so than the cost.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Not bad with 2 at-faults in 3 years.....
Exactly. I was really concerned even to the point of dreading calling them to add the car :)

....Aside from the amount of the premiums though, the big question is how your treated in the event you end up with a claim? That's just as important, if not more so than the cost.
absolutely and in this regard, State Farm is all class. Very professional and very efficient. I could not be more pleased.

Reactions: Z06 Owned

·
Registered
817 Posts
I also have State Farm policies. Cars, ATV, snowmobiles, house, additional dwellings, life, umbrella, personal article, and until recently small business. They just quoted my to be delivered Z06 at a rate obviously above my lesser cars, but reasonably so. About $750/year. `Based on 7500 miles per year. Less if I use "withdrawn from use" option in the winter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
$1122/year on 2015 C7 (Non-Z06) Grundy Worldwide. Unlimited mileage. $78k agreed value.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As stated above your age, driving record and area you live all make a difference. I just got my quote from INS company and mine went from $566 a year with the C6 vert to $787 for the Z06, I'm happy this year at least.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts