Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is similar to previous information on where the LT4 will be manufactured. Not in the following short article, but repeatedly rumored, is that all of the Z07s' motors, "Engine Build Experience" option or not, will be built at BGAP. We shall see whether that is accurate info or not.

gmauthority said:
The mighty 650 horsepower, 650 pound-foot LT4 supercharged V8 engine that will spaciously fit into the engine bay of the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and Z06 Convertible will roll off the assembly line just like any other engine at the GM Tonawanda, NY engine facility when the supercar launches later this year.

But it will also be built at the GM Performance Build Center, newly relocated in Bowling Green, KY. The presumption is that the engines built here will be for those who want to take part in the Corvette Engine Build Experience, where they help assemble the very powerplant that will be nestled into their new super Corvette. However, that has not been confirmed officially by Chevrolet. It’s also not official as to whether or not which transmission — a seven-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic — will affect which facility the engines will be built on. Stay tuned as we learn more.

Read more: 2015 Corvette Z06 Engine To Be Built In Tonawanda, Bowling Green | GM Authority

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
What cracks me up is this drive belt looks like its 10 feet long. :) Doesn't look like fun to replace. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Redc7 You're right the strap is long and there are several part to undo your tank as liquid coolant radiator for the supercharge and a lot of hoses to radiator and coolant.

I install a E force Edelbrook on my mustang.

This is the kind of job a Saturday morning in a good mood by taking a small cold beer and you say that your wife has cut the grass gonna be tomorrow, do not bother myself more!:cool:

IMG_0140 (Large).JPG

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I understand this information is not official but, on the plant tour Thursday the host said all Z/28 and Z06 engines will be built in BG, whether part of the build experience or not.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand this information is not official but, on the plant tour Thursday the host said all Z/28 and Z06 engines will be built in BG, whether part of the build experience or not.
Thanks Mark. Hope so!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts