Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Z06 Price Poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only 26 days 'till pricing announced; time for Z06 base price poll. Price a Z06 without a single option, not including the estimated $995 transportation shipping.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Since it is essentially the ZR1 replacement, I vote that it will approximate the ZR1 cost difference...about $87k - $115k

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
im going to say between 77-80 for the coupe and 82-84 for the convertible
Even at $80k+, when you contrast the expected Z06 performance relative to the competition, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
533 Posts
im going to say between 77-80 for the coupe and 82-84 for the convertible
I would say NO WAY...

GM just raised the Base Stingray and there is no way a Z06 is going to be less than a Singray even loaded. my $.02 lol

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Voted $80,000-$82,499 for a zero-option Z.
I've always said $20k over the similar Z51 so that makes the 1LZ Z06 = $79,000

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
223 Posts
Using a comparison of base 2013 corvette at approximately $49600.00 and the subsequent new 2014 Stingray which came in at approximately $53000.00 regardless of how superior it is over the old model etc. Then looking back at the base price of the 2013 Z06 which was approximately $75600.00 and adding about $4275.00 ....I'm thinking about $79875.00. Something tells me marketing boys will not want to pass that eighty mark for the first model run. I do however think a hefty price increase could happen for the next year if demand goes insane on the coupe. The pricing on the convertible could suffer based on the feedback from coupe sales possibly. High demand may drive the number on the vert higher than expected by a few thousand. I don't see them breaching the 90 mark though. I see just over 41% of the member's anticipate a price over 85 at this point in the poll....I seriously hope not. I say that not from a personal financial point of view but from the point of view of the car being a success financially for GM. At that price ,plus freight, pdi, taxes....hello 90 plus out the door depending on your states tax rate. That number would be based on 85k as well not above that figure. First year cars might fly out the door due to limited run vs demand but year two could be a different story. Especially if a price increase is slapped on top of the first year models as is anticipated. Many have expressed that because it is similar in power and performance to the ZR1 that it will be priced accordingly. If this were to end up being the case then Harlan and Tadge would be left to hang for their statement re "if you could afford the old Z06" etc. I doubt they both would risk their jobs with a fly by night comment...or be made to look the fool. I'm sure the top brass ok'd that statement.If they didn't there would have been an immediate retraction or announcement afterwards. Remember the ZR1 MSRP was $111600.00........that's not base Z06 number territory. They would be talking a $31000.00 difference in base price. The new Stingray on paper is only 40 hp less than the Zo6 use to have and comes with all these new trinkets, yet it was not priced closer to the base price of a Z06....Just my HO with some hard real world info for comparison, and thoughts based on past pricing patterns. If the tag on this car was going to be 10 grand over the old base I think they would have addressed the pricing question differently than they did. If I'm wrong, then the bosses hung the boys out to dry and the customers won't react very well to the news.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Using a comparison of base 2013 corvette at approximately $49600.00 and the subsequent new 2014 Stingray which came in at approximately $53000.00 regardless of how superior it is over the old model etc. Then looking back at the base price of the 2013 Z06 which was approximately $75600.00 and adding about $4275.00 ....I'm thinking about $79875.00. Something tells me marketing boys will not want to pass that eighty mark for the first model run. I do however think a hefty price increase could happen for the next year if demand goes insane on the coupe. The pricing on the convertible could suffer based on the feedback from coupe sales possibly. High demand may drive the number on the vert higher than expected by a few thousand. I don't see them breaching the 90 mark though. I see just over 41% of the member's anticipate a price over 85 at this point in the poll....I seriously hope not. I say that not from a personal financial point of view but from the point of view of the car being a success financially for GM. At that price ,plus freight, pdi, taxes....hello 90 plus out the door depending on your states tax rate. That number would be based on 85k as well not above that figure. First year cars might fly out the door due to limited run vs demand but year two could be a different story. Especially if a price increase is slapped on top of the first year models as is anticipated. Many have expressed that because it is similar in power and performance to the ZR1 that it will be priced accordingly. If this were to end up being the case then Harlan and Tadge would be left to hang for their statement re "if you could afford the old Z06" etc. I doubt they both would risk their jobs with a fly by night comment...or be made to look the fool. I'm sure the top brass ok'd that statement.If they didn't there would have been an immediate retraction or announcement afterwards. Remember the ZR1 MSRP was $111600.00........that's not base Z06 number territory. They would be talking a $31000.00 difference in base price. The new Stingray on paper is only 40 hp less than the Zo6 use to have and comes with all these new trinkets, yet it was not priced closer to the base price of a Z06....Just my HO with some hard real world info for comparison, and thoughts based on past pricing patterns. If the tag on this car was going to be 10 grand over the old base I think they would have addressed the pricing question differently than they did. If I'm wrong, then the bosses hung the boys out to dry and the customers won't react very well to the news.
Craig, you've obviously given this a great deal of thought and what you've said here makes allot of sense. I hope your right. I'm just waiting patiently for the actual numbers to come out on August 31st to put this topic to rest and finally be able to plan out all my "Must Have" versus "Like To Have" options. Whatever the final numbers are going to be is going to have a major impact on what options we will be able to afford respectively. It's going to be ALL ABOUT THE OPTIONS for those of us who have already decided we're going to be the proud owners of the new 2015 Z06.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I say starting at $85K... well equipped at or close to $100K

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.