Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Z06 reveal live stream

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Redc7 
#1 ·

#10 ·
He actually said "More than 625 HP and 635 TQ" so it looks like the final calibrations aren't there yet. Also, the CF roof is the same as on the Stingray, it wasn't called out as an exposed CF but I imagine that will be an option. Also note it is not a Stingray Z06, just a Z06.

I'm sure all the tech info will show up on their page and the writers at the blogs / magazines should have the complete specs. Kind of let down they didn't mention starting price.

#8 ·
Did they say what the price tag is? If they did I missed it.

#15 ·
You can count on dealer gouging, at least in the initial batch. It's just the nature of the beast. For those who want a deal or where the list price is just a tad out of reach waiting until late 2015 will probably be what you have to do.

#19 ·
Well there might be a few options. One is my guess is at the C5/C6 Bash in April at the NCM will have one. Second is at Corvettes at Carlisle in PA will have one in the GM tent and 3rd at the home coming at the NCM as well. I will venture to say it will show up at other places as well like Sema, etc.

#20 ·
Here is a link to a grey example of the Z06 at the Detroit auto show

Detroit 2014: Grey Corvette Z06

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
Interesting notice the taillights are blacken out? I wonder if this will be the case in delivery form? I would assumed no they would have to be red.

#23 ·
In an earlier video with the head of design they commented that when they were building the mockup they actually ran out of the red tape used for the tail lights and substituted gray. When the head designer saw it he loved it. They took that to their engineering department to see if they could do them in gray instead of red plastic and they said, "sure. it's the LED's that give it the color, not the lens". I'm sure there was a bit more to it since they need to maintain a certain brightness level but basically they were saying it was an accident / fortunate turn of events that makes these blacked out vs. red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.