Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2017 Z06.
My rotors are slotted.
I’ve noticed some pics of other Z’s with cross drilled rotors.
Any reason for the disparity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have 2017 Z06.
My rotors are slotted.
IÂ’ve noticed some pics of other ZÂ’s with cross drilled rotors.
Any reason for the disparity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grand sports and z06s equipped with the Z07 package include the carbon ceramic discs which sre cross drilled. The CCB rotors are lighter than the steel rotors and are larger in diameter(?) i think.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Here are a few for comparison. First a 2019 Z06 with steel brakes (mine). Next a 2015 Z06 with carbon-ceramic beaks (Z07 package) and last a ZR1 with carbon-ceramics. The last two happen to be the actual 2015 and 2018 Indy Pace Cars! 1972 Pace Car in the background of the 2015 car.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Assuming that Ferrari wheel is a front wheel (based on tire size) that may be a Brembo carbon ceramic brake but it’s much smaller than the front disc (and even the rear) on my Z07 Grand Sport. Still, carbon ceramic is better than steel on the track. I experience consistent brake response without any sign of fade after repetitive hard braking on the track, which can’t be said of brakes with steel rotors. Threshold braking on my ‘vette is positively retina detaching!

And by the way, German, nice response with all the photos. Makes the visual differences really clear.

Also, on the C7 carbon ceramics, the front calipers are 6 piston, the rear are 4 piston. I don’t know about the steel brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts