Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doing some research for my new wheels and thought I would share the difference between the Z06 and Stingray wheels and tires!

vs.

Front wheels:

C7 Base and Z51 front wheel (respectively)
18x8.5 ET 56mm
P245/40ZR18 (93Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP
19x8.5 ET 56mm
P245/35ZR19 (89Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP

vs.

C7 Z06 front wheel
19x10 ET 43mm Listed weight of 25.7lbs.
285/30ZR19 (87Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP

Result:
  • Suspension clearance: Z06 wheel is 7 mm (0.3'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.
  • Fenders clearance: Z06 front wheel will stick out 33 mm (1.3'') farther.
  • Wheelwells clearance: The same.
  • SPEEDOMETER: The same.

Rear wheels:

C7 Base and Z51 rear wheel (respectively)
19x10 ET 79mm
P285/35ZR19 (99Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP
20x10 ET 79mm
P285/30ZR20 (95Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP

vs.

C7 Z06 wheel
20x12 ET 59mm Listed weight of 31.8lbs.
335/25ZR20 (87Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP

Result:
  • Suspension clearance: Z06 wheel is 5 mm (0.2'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.
  • Fenders clearance: Z06 wheel will stick out 45 mm (1.8'') farther.
  • Wheelwells clearance: The same.
  • SPEEDOMETER: The same.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, any of you guys that are interested in my setup now, let me know!

PUR LX12s
Color: Matte black diamond centers, with gloss black diamond lips
20x9 and 21x12.5 less than 3000 miles on them.
Tires will be current Pirelli 245 fronts and new Pirelli 325 rears. (Keeping current ones)
TPMS included, mounted and balanced

I'll save you $3,000 over new and you get new rear tires.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Your rear wheels sizes for Base/Z06 are not matching the tire size such as 18" wheels with 19" tires. etc

Rear tires compare of base and Z06 :

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
Base 285/35-19 3.9in 13.4in 26.9in 84.4in 751 0.0%
Z06 345/20-19 2.7in 12.2in 24.4in 76.8in 825 -9.0% effects MPH, TC, Calculated MPG & distance

·
Registered
873 Posts
Doing some research for my new wheels and thought I would share the difference between the Z06 and Stingray wheels and tires!

C7 Z06 wheel
20x12 ET 59mm Listed weight of 31.8lbs.
345/25ZR20 (87Y) SL Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport ZP

The 2015 Order Guide lists the rear tires as 335/25ZR20

·
Registered
509 Posts
So what your are saying is the Zo6 rims/tires can be a direct bolt on with no modifications ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to install a stage 3 z06 splitter and z06 wheel well flares on my z51.
From I red above the Z06 front wheel sticks out 33mm past the z51 one.
So I will need a 1.25 spacer/adapter to bring my z51 front wheel flushed with the z06 fender flare ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Will that work Elspa? Will it be flush?
Has anyone just gone wider tires on Z51 wheels?

·
Registered
383 Posts

PUR LX12s
Tires will be current Pirelli 245 fronts and new Pirelli 325 rears. (Keeping current ones)

Any fender rub on the rear wheels?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
weapon, good info, more rubber contact for the road.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
176 Posts
So if I am reading this correctly the Z06 wheels will fit the just like the Z51 wheels with no modifications but the tires will stick out further as mentioned.
Is the amount that sticks out more than the edge of the fenders on a non Z06 C7?

·
Registered
134 Posts
What is the weight of the base and Z51 wheels?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a 10.5 inch wheel with the stock 285 tires in the rear, Z51, 2016. The wheels are 2016 Cray Spiders, by TSW, rotary forged. Using a wider tire, such as a 295 or 305 will work on the 10.5 inch wide wheel. BUT... you may get tire rub. I'm trying to find a way around the rub. Flaring the fenders a half-inch would solve the problem... but how to flare them, I don't know.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a 10.5 inch wheel with the stock 285 tires in the rear, Z51, 2016. The wheels are 2016 Cray Spiders, by TSW, rotary forged. Using a wider tire, such as a 295 or 305 will work on the 10.5 inch wide wheel. BUT... you may get tire rub. I'm trying to find a way around the rub. Flaring the fenders a half-inch would solve the problem... but how to flare them, I don't know.
10.5 shouldn't rub unless the offset really doesn't match the car. I am running 12 in the rear with a 325 (yes its a z51) and I have just a bit rub with harsh bumps nothing concerning but with a 11 and 305 and the right offset you would be golden.

·
Registered
1 Posts

PUR LX12s

I have a '17 Z51... really been wondering the exact question that seems partially answered here. I noticed the Z06 has what looks like plastic fender flares that it seems to me would cover the amount of wheel/tire that would stick out as a result of mounting Z06 wheels on my Z51. Iv read other places that suspension adjustments would be needed etc in order to make them work without rubbing issues.

Really, what im wondering is... what is the best wheel/tire size combo for my car. Right now im obviously setup with 19/20 in the stock sizing. How large I can go in the front and rear without running into issues... id like to throw the fender flares from the Z06 (along with side skirts and misc other stuff) onto this car as well. My plans are to build this engine up a ways beyond where the Z06 is power wise, or I would have just went with the Z from the factory.

Im liking the Brixton CM10's, but im not sure what sizing to go with. I would assume that if I could match the larger Z06 wheels, that tires would be easier to get than getting some odd size in between. weaponX, if you guys sell wheels and can get a nice price on these... id be interested to hear what you can do number wise. Im not at 15 posts yet on this forum, so im unsure as to wither I can respond via PM or not.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I have a '17 Z51... really been wondering the exact question that seems partially answered here. I noticed the Z06 has what looks like plastic fender flares that it seems to me would cover the amount of wheel/tire that would stick out as a result of mounting Z06 wheels on my Z51. Iv read other places that suspension adjustments would be needed etc in order to make them work without rubbing issues.

Really, what im wondering is... what is the best wheel/tire size combo for my car. Right now im obviously setup with 19/20 in the stock sizing. How large I can go in the front and rear without running into issues... id like to throw the fender flares from the Z06 (along with side skirts and misc other stuff) onto this car as well. My plans are to build this engine up a ways beyond where the Z06 is power wise, or I would have just went with the Z from the factory.

Im liking the Brixton CM10's, but im not sure what sizing to go with. I would assume that if I could match the larger Z06 wheels, that tires would be easier to get than getting some odd size in between. weaponX, if you guys sell wheels and can get a nice price on these... id be interested to hear what you can do number wise. Im not at 15 posts yet on this forum, so im unsure as to wither I can respond via PM or not.

Thanks!
I can set you up with a wheel package, private message me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont have a high enough post count to PM you but im looking for the biggest tires i can put on the back of my stingray for at the track w/drag radials-thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts