Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dealer now. Something is letting hot air come out by my feet while the AC is on. Heat is not something we need here in Miami. Tech is on the phone with the factory. Car was built first week in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer says my computer is up to date. Says I need to keep AC set at 71 or lower to keep lower doors from letting in heat. Sounds like they have no clue. Tech says he talked to factory and nobody else is reporting issues with AC. Also doesn't seem like recirculate mode does much to block out smells from outside.

·
18,670 Posts
If your dealership doesn't come around in your next communication with them, tell them you want them to immediately set up a meeting with the Regional Customer Service Rep, for this is a completely unsatisfactory situation that they need to fix. Remind them that your customer satisfaction survey is going to be filled out depending on how they addresses this issue, that you want to give them an great score, you need their help now in order to give them a very positive result.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was your dealer able to resolve your hot footwell issue?? I am having the same issue on my C7 coupe (hot air blowing into footwell with AC running in cool mode) and the dealer is trying to tell me this must be normal because it is not throwing any codes.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah, that sounds normal. How aggravating. Guessing dealer does not understand how magical codes are generated either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my 3LT coupe a month ago and notice the same heat problem in the driver footwell. I'm in CA so this is a bit bothersome. Just checking in on this thread to see if this problem was ever resolved.

timg - 3LT coupe, crystal red tintcoat, performance exhaust, chrome wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same issue with my coupe, heat problem in the passenger and driver footwell. I can keep it at bay by lowering the AC temp, and recirculating the air.. but it doesn't solve it

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the same issue but it doesn't happen every time I go on a trip. It varies from the passenger side to the drivers side. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all.

Michael

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Have all of you with the problem had this specific re-flash: HVAC Temperature Fluctuations

" Determine the build date of the vehicle in order to confirm which module(s) require an update.

- If the build date is November 5, 2013 or later, update the HVAC control module.

- If the build date is prior to November 5, 2013, determine if the latest version of #PI1101 (labor operation code 2880178) has been performed.

- If the latest version of #PI1101 has been performed, update only the HVAC control module.

- If the latest version of #PI1101 has not been performed, perform the procedure as instructed. Submit a warranty transaction for #PI1101 only."

·
Registered
220 Posts
Was your dealer able to resolve your hot footwell issue?? I am having the same issue on my C7 coupe (hot air blowing into footwell with AC running in cool mode) and the dealer is trying to tell me this must be normal because it is not throwing any codes.
I'm having the same problem. Should I take it to dealer?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Racerbob, yes, you should. Even if they cannot do anything for you at this time, at least have them alert GM that you, too, have the problem. If enough people alert GM of this, they should eventually issue a fix.

·
Registered
699 Posts
This weekend I really gave attention to the heater issue I was having. I hadn't driven Star much in the past week. Last Saturday I had the radiator replaced due to a crack in the radiator. I didn't think about the dealer tech having to recharge the AC. Now, the air is very cold and no heat on the floor. The system is actually working better than it ever has. I don't know if this is due to AC recharge or disconnecting the battery or both. But my wife and I can't believe how much better the system is working. :what:

Michael

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Michael; Now that you mention recharging, I do remember now that others had their issue fixed by doing the same. Glad that got you fixed up!

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Yeah, that sounds normal. How aggravating. Guessing dealer does not understand how magical codes are generated either.
Ragtop, and others:

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a heater concern like this, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, I just got back from my dealer. ( courtesy dealer). Service mgr. said car had the latest software and reflashing did nothing. Am just now hearing about recharging.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Well, I just got back from my dealer. ( courtesy dealer). Service mgr. said car had the latest software and reflashing did nothing. Am just now hearing about recharging.
Bob the only reason I thought about it is because the radiator was changed and it occurred to me they had to charge the system. I'm not even sure that's the fix. I just know that is the only thing that done to the HVAC system.

I hope you get it resolved. The system in my C7 is working really well.

Michael

·
Registered
475 Posts
At the dealer now. Something is letting hot air come out by my feet while the AC is on. Heat is not something we need here in Miami. Tech is on the phone with the factory. Car was built first week in December.

Mine is the same. I took it to the dealer and they did a reflash but it it is still hot in the foot well.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have been living with this since I started this post. Dealer says all software is current. Have resorted to running the air controller to blow AC at face and feet at the same time and turned down to 70 degrees. Not a perfect solution but keeps the problem under control.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

1 - 20 of 33 Posts