Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My order for a 2014 convertible Z51, LT3 where the order was just accepted by the factory. I wanted this loaded but it looks like the order will be short the carbon dash.
My question is should I wait for the 2015 model year. Is there any advantage to having a 2014 or than the obvious of having the car a few months longer by not waiting for the 2015?. Also, it sounds like there might be a few new items on the 2015 and I am also considering a Z06 convertible to go with my '69 Vette race car. The C7 was to be a daily driver but perhaps I should just get the Z06 if it is available.

FOD

·
18,670 Posts
If you haven't already, this thread contains the known 2015 differences (both the StingRay's and introducing the new Z06). This will help you to determine whether any of the 2015 changes might be something that you want to wait for. There will be a price increase for 2015; we probably won't know it's amount until approximately a month from now. Many are estimating $1,000, though several are guessing much more than that. And, the earliest the 2015's will be at your dealers will be early September, more probably September 15th, due to the mandatory two week hold (usually its four weeks), at the factory, whenever they introduce a new model.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum.../2234-confirmed-2015-differences-changes.html

Also below is a thread that, again if you haven't yet read it, will be helpful regarding the Z06.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-purchasing/3111-need-z06-list.html

·
Registered
184 Posts
If the price is of any concern I might think about foregoing the carbon dash. Expect that there may be price increases with the announcement of the 2015 pricing and order acceptance.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Only you can answer that question, I wouldn't (and didn't).

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
my issue is more in line with the car not arriving to the dealer until well over half the model year is past and only a few months before the new model year, 2015, will begin to arrive. Additionally, the '15 will have the new 8 speed auto transmission which more than interests me and possible other new items. I believe the '14 car will depreciate more than the potential 1K increase in price for 2015 by the time I receive the '15. I tend to keep my cars for a long time so I prefer to get it "My Way" (I have a '69 vette vert. with a factory race engine I have owned since 1971) I do not believe these '14 cars are destined to be collectors items or do you disagree??

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
my issue is more in line with the car not arriving to the dealer until well over half the model year is past and only a few months before the new model year, 2015, will begin to arrive. Additionally, the '15 will have the new 8 speed auto transmission which more than interests me and possible other new items. I believe the '14 car will depreciate more than the potential 1K increase in price for 2015 by the time I receive the '15. I tend to keep my cars for a long time so I prefer to get it "My Way" (I have a '69 vette vert. with a factory race engine I have owned since 1971) I do not believe these '14 cars are destined to be collectors items or do you disagree??
fishordie you are all over the place with this thread of yours. Where are you heading?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
If I were only interested in the automatic trans then I would wait. Aside from that, if you want the car, buy the car. Unless you are working with a large allocation dealer it could be Christmas before you see a 2015, are you willing to risk it over a carbon fiber dash you can retrofit for half the price of the factory option using the factory part?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't think any corvette after a 1972 would be a "collectors item" when they turned into a 175hp joke of a sports car, that kind of ended that for them. now that they are so mass produced, and will be prone to computer failures, how will the new ones be considered the same?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If money is no object, I'd be going for the Z06. Far more exclusive.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Gee, I think it is all up to you. If the only thing you are missing is the CF dash and you really want the car I would wait. But if your heart is now playing games and you are interested in the Z06, then cancel and reorder asap. The pricing will be up by a few K I would imagine. But a hell of a lot more car to. If you wait for the 2014 then you could look into purchasing the dash after if it can be fitted with little problem. Will certainly be cheaper than a Z06. But it all boils down to the fact it is your choice and yours alone. Either way you are going to have a wonderful car. Enjoy whatever......

·
Registered
119 Posts
Faced with a similar circumstance I pondered and pondered and pondered ... Figured my first decision was the BEST, and decided to await the outcome on my 2014 order.
3 days later got a TPW date and knew I made the right decision. As for the ZO6 ... depends on your viewpoint. My C7 will be a daily driver ... sorta. I'm retired. I guess
only you can make the final decision. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts