Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm confuse about the z51 wheel. I'm about to order a stingray so I went to Chevy website and try on the "build your own". When I select the z51 performance package with the z51 silver painted wheel, the cost showing $0. So I was excited about it. Then I went to visit a local Chevy dealership and ask them about the ordering detail and they told me that even I choose the z51 package, the car will just equip with the base model 5 spoke wheel. The z51 wheel is addition cost, which is different for the website. The sale manager told me the website was wrong but I hardly doubt that. Anybody know about this truth?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
When you order the Z51, you get the standard painted Z51 wheel included for no extra charge. The website is correct, and your salesman is an idiot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys I'm confuse about the z51 wheel. I'm about to order a stingray so I went to Chevy website and try on the "build your own". When I select the z51 performance package with the z51 silver painted wheel, the cost showing $0. So I was excited about it. Then I went to visit a local Chevy dealership and ask them about the ordering detail and they told me that even I choose the z51 package, the car will just equip with the base model 5 spoke wheel. The z51 wheel is addition cost, which is different for the website. The sale manager told me the website was wrong but I hardly doubt that. Anybody know about this truth?
As you are about to order a 2015 C7, I recommend that you read the very helpful post from elegant on the 2015 prices. http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5406-2015-stingray-pricing.html
Like royis mentioned, it looks like there is no change, the Z51 Silver painted aluminum wheels are included in the Z51 package, and you just have to pay extra if you want Q7E, Q7T or QCC (new).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Never trust what your salesman says unless you check it yourself. Unfortunately most of them know very little about the product they are selling

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Like royis mentioned, it looks like there is no change, the Z51 Silver painted aluminum wheels are included in the Z51 package, and you just have to pay extra if you want Q7E, Q7T or QCC (new).

Hope this helps.
There's no "it looks like", all Z51's come with Z51 painted wheels. Where do these dealers come up with this crap?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I went to visit a local Chevy dealership and ask them about the ordering detail and they told me that even I choose the z51 package, the car will just equip with the base model 5 spoke wheel. The z51 wheel is addition cost, which is different for the website. The sale manager told me the website was wrong but I hardly doubt that.
Hmm, if the manager is confused about simple wheel options, I wonder what will be next?

Does this dealership sell many Vettes?

Are you familiar with how the allocation process works?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts