Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the intake side of the rear vent ducts are located on the convertible?:confused:

The GM technical specs only talk about the coupe:
• Models with the automatic transmission or Z51 Performance Package feature a functional vent on driver’s left side directing air over a heat exchanger for the transmission fluid and a similar arrangement on the passenger side that directs air over a heat exchanger for the electronic limited slip differential (ELSD) cooler.
• Airflow through the differential and transmission heat exchangers exits through the aircraft-inspired taillamp vents and lower-rear fascia air outlets.
• The Z51 Performance Package also includes brake-cooling ducts, a unique rear spoiler and additional air deflectors for enhanced track capability."

I haven't had mine on a lift yet, so I have not inspected underneath the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2 louvers in the rear driver side wheel well air for diff cooler. For the transmission cooler there are finned tube coolers on the lines under the center of car. There is a small black plastic air diverter under the diff. Doesn't really work much for cooling like the coupes. My trans oil temperature went up to 250 from 200 doing a few laps on a small road course few weeks ago.
20140523_140451.jpg
20140222_075735.jpg 20140222_075717.jpg

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - my sales guy couldn't tell me and I haven't taken it back in for the seat memory flash yet and asked the techs about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts