Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned that the new ZF1 (son of Z51) Appearance Package is in fact available effective with the last 2014 consensus of June 12th.

Awesome, my LRG ZF1 coupe will be spectacular and rare.

Tom

·
18,670 Posts
Your car sure will be ultra rare, with less than 1% of 2014's being LRG, and a very, very small number with ZF1 option. Will be interesting to read the next edition of "Corvette Black Book" to see the total number ZF1's.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Any info on pricing for ZF1?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When my dealer went to add the option to my order the computer showed if wasn't available. He said he'd call the regional manger and call me back. he just called to say it won't be released until the 12th.

·
18,670 Posts
Availability for the ZF1 option on June 12th (last 2014) consensus is confirmed again, this time by another honest, top dealer, Ken Fichtner (Fichtner Chevrolet), as follows:

"Option ZF1 Appearance Package will be available for ordering beginning June 12, 2014.

ZF1 Appearance Package includes Q7S 5-split spoke, silver painted aluminum wheels. Q7T Black Aluminum wheels can be ordered with ZF1 Appearance package replacing Q7S Wheels.

Option TTV Carbon Flash painted rear spoiler is not included in ZF1 Appearance Package. ZF1 Appearance Package includes body-color Z51 style spoiler. However, TTV Carbon Flash Painted Rear Spoiler can be ordered separately with ZF1 at an additional charge."

Thanks Ken for that confirmation!

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Well, can someone pay the extra charge and get the bright chrome wheels?

Reactions: docjb

·
Registered
765 Posts
Here's another ZF1 question: Can you opt for it and do a spoiler delete? IOW can I simply get the Z51 wheels and no spoiler?

·
18,670 Posts
Well, can someone pay the extra charge and get the bright chrome wheels?
Not according to this dealer, nor the first draft of the 2015 Order Guide.

However, there are known mistakes in the first version (which according to at least one source was prematurely released), and the revised version is expected in the next 3-4 weeks. Perhaps that corrected version will offer chrome wheels on the ZF1 option?

·
18,670 Posts
Here's another ZF1 question: Can you opt for it and do a spoiler delete? IOW can I simply get the Z51 wheels and no spoiler?
The ZF1 option does not contain a spoiler. GM does not offer a spoiler delete for either the base car, nor the Z-51 car.

As per the Order Guide: "ZF1 Appearance Package, includes (Q7S) 5-split spoke, Silver-painted aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels, (XFJ) P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear, performance summer-only tires and body-color Z51-style spoiler."

Corrected thanks to better info from rdslon01.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
At that point, why not buy a base car and then go try to find someone who took their Z51 wheels off in favor of aftermarket wheels? You maybe could buy their Z51 wheels from them.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At that point, why not buy a base car and then go try to find someone who took their Z51 wheels off in favor of aftermarket wheels? You maybe could buy their Z51 wheels from them.
Because you'd also need the tires. I've seen folks advertising their Z51 "take off" Z51 tires/wheels for over $3000. Seems whatever GM will charge will be a bargin and you are getting brand new. But folks are and have done what you suggest, but at what cost? Once GM announces it's price we'll know if this is a "steal".

Personally if it's more than the chrome wheel option of $1995 I may pass. We'll know on the 12th.

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
Someone just posted a price of $1995. Since the spoiler was $530, $1465 for larger forged wheels versus cast smaller wheels seems reasonable. Makes the $2800 -$1995= $805 extra I paid for my Z51 for Larger brakes with slotted rotors; Electronic differential; HD Bilstein 45mm shocks; Stiffer springs; Larger front and added rear roll bar; Differential and transmission coolers; Performance transmission gears; and Dry sump, the deal of the Century!!

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks Jerry U! And even for those who have had to play the extra $1,200 for the Z-51 package, the extra $2,005 for all those Z-51 package components you mentioned above, is a good deal.

Confirmation from Dave @ Kerbeck of the pricing you listed, e.g., "

As mentioned in other threads, this package is available for the final allocation week (this week) for the 2014 Corvette Coupe or Convertible.

The cost of the package is $1,995 if you want the base (silver) Z51 wheel and body colored spoiler. You can upgrade to the TTV Option (Carbon Flash Painted Exterior Mirrors and Spoiler) for $100 and/or the Q7T Option (Black Z51 Wheels) for $495."

This makes it clear that chrome wheels are not an option for the last 2014 consensus! For 2015, my belief, "doubtful."

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have inquired with my dealer on this. That appearance package is one of the reasons I was thinking of deferring on the car I have on order (TPW Aug 4th) so I could get it on the 2015. It is the same cost I am currently paying for the single spoke, chrome wheels. I will never track this car , just wanted the look. The dealer has allowed me to take the 2014 when it comes in or wait for the 2015's next spring and he will sell the car I ordered as a trade off, he had originally thought my car would be in this July. Somehow the build got pushed way out on my car. This actually might be a benefit now as I can change the order. Since this is a Cdn car I wonder if they will "allow" me to change the order in process right now to get this? Seems like everything at GM is harder if your a Canadian.

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
Thanks Jerry U! And even for those who have had to play the extra $1,200 for the Z-51 package, the extra $2,005 for all those Z-51 package components you mentioned above, is a good deal.

Confirmation from Dave @ Kerbeck of the pricing you listed, e.g., "

As mentioned in other threads, this package is available for the final allocation week (this week) for the 2014 Corvette Coupe or Convertible.

The cost of the package is $1,995 if you want the base (silver) Z51 wheel and body colored spoiler. You can upgrade to the TTV Option (Carbon Flash Painted Exterior Mirrors and Spoiler) for $100 and/or the Q7T Option (Black Z51 Wheels) for $495."

This makes it clear that chrome wheels are not an option for the last 2014 consensus! For 2015, my belief, "doubtful."
Agree, even $2500 is a super deal! Could not understand why it was that cheap! The eLSD along looks very complex! Saw it at Laguna Seca on a bare aluminum frame. The eLSD, extra coolers with fans, dry sump tank and lines, oil pumps must have cost more than that!
If this were a Porsche the options would be the range of $15,000 from my experience!
However the ZF1 is also a good deal. Saw many folks wanting the wheels and spoiler and debating about the ride. This way they get what they want and no more.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Now all I need is a ZF1 badge! :p

·
Registered
765 Posts
Because at the MSRP of $1995 it's a reasonable deal in order to get the wheels and tires I want straight from the factory. It's worth it for the convenience alone over finding a set from someone that pulled them off their Stingray to upgrade.

Since I prefer the car without the spoiler it would be the sweetest possible situation if I could save the cost of the spoiler and simply pay the ZF1 minus the spoiler price. Regardless I'll be getting ZF1 in any case.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts