Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
The Z06 will be wider than the Stingray.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
2015 yes, search is your best friend :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
The main differences will be via an optional Z07 package. No real differences that justify that big of a sticker difference in my opinion. Blower itself is a 6k add-on which still doesn't equate to the 35-45k increase in price over the stingray.

·
18,669 Posts
Reminder that the Z06 comes with not only the greater power, bigger wheels/tires, etc., but comes standard with MSRC, all Z-51 components (on steroids), NPP, so when we are making the comparison, let us consider the included $5,800 items. Of course, we do not know the price of the Z06 yet.

For those who are only looking for more power, agree that an aftermarket blower, nitrous and other methods will cost less and give equal to, or greater power than the Z06. To each, their own.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I heard from my dealer as I thought about one myself that with all things added the sticker will be about 100k. So exactly, to each their own, but you can add the things mentioned for a lot less, and have more car. Power wise, as you mentioned..that's easy as there are many ways to make a car fast.

·
18,669 Posts
So that means there is going to be a difference between the two. Do you know if the StingRay will come with the data record option?
Both the StingRay and the Z06 will have have an option of a performance data recorder (PDR).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Base will be 80+, and just adding tax will get you to upper 80's. I have less than base price in my car, and is more for the money...again, to each their own. Base price for the most recent C6 Z06 was 77k...new base will be at least 10% higher than that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
While I think the C7 Z06 will be amazing I don't see the value. I can build and customize my C7 beyond what the Z will be in performance and have it look how I want it for far less.

However, I love to mess with my cars and if someone likes to keep a car factory then the Z is a great choice. It all depends on what each persons plan for the car is.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
That is true, however cars that have been spec out with aftermarket parts tend to get much less dollars back than was put into it. Plus my Z06 will be covered under warranty. But totally agree with you that it all depends on each person and why we have aftermarket parts to begin with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts