Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZR-1 has developed a problem with the headlights. With the auto mode selected on the headlight control, the high beams will flash usually while braking. Occasionally, they will just flash on their own but mostly while breaking. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
2,056 Posts
What Generation ZR1 might be helpful. If your ZR1 is a generation C7, do you have mods such as oracle style cheaper knockoff side lights, lambo style taillights and lambo style headlights. I ask because there are some known issues of electrical gremlins and not being able to handle the load with the combination of the mods I mention with overloads particular because of the cheaper side markers made by some companies but not the oracles.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Another possibility is a faulty switch that is allowing the contacts for the high beam flasher to come together under certain loads, like braking and maybe over bumps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What Generation ZR1 might be helpful. If your ZR1 is a generation C7, do you have mods such as oracle style cheaper knockoff side lights, lambo style taillights and lambo style headlights. I ask because there are some known issues of electrical gremlins and not being able to handle the load with the combination of the mods I mention with overloads particular because of the cheaper side markers made by some companies but not the oracles.
The vehicle is a 2019 C-7 ZR-1 with the stock 3LS package. there are no modifications or upgrades

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ZR-1 has developed a problem with the headlights. With the auto mode selected on the headlight control, the high beams will flash usually while braking. Occasionally, they will just flash on their own but mostly while breaking. Any ideas?
I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it as an internal fault in the bulb. We will see

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
Thanks for updating us. Hope it stays fixed.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it as an internal fault in the bulb. We will see
Seems odd. The bulb shouldn't be getting any voltage at all if the headlights are off. Did they do anything to fix the problem? Seems like it has to be upstream of the bulb itself to allow power to get there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts