Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The ZR1 is one fast car. 0-60 in 2.85; 0-100 in 6.0 sec; the 1/4 mile in 10.6 sec @ 134 MPH. Thanks Harlan for sharing this, and Corvetteblogger passing it on to us all.

CorvetteBlogger said:
Harlan Charles Revs the 2019 Corvette ZR1 and Shares Performance Specs at Sebring (By Keith Cornett)

Normally the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring is a race we attend every year, but due to some family obligations, I was unable to attend this year’s annual shindig in Central Florida.

Luckily our friend Justin S. was in the house and he sent us this video of the 2019 Corvette ZR1 that was started and revved by Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles during Friday’s ZR1 walk-around seminar at the Chevrolet Performance tent.

But wait, there’s more!

Justin gives us more than just this video as Harlan talked for the first time about the performance capabilities of the ZR1!

According to Justin, Harlan said the ZR1’s 0-60 mph time is 2.85 seconds and goes 0-100 mph in 6 seconds flat. The 2019 Corvette ZR1 can also do the quarter mile in 10.5 seconds at 136 mph! (Justin tells us that microphone issues plagued the seminar and that it’s possible Harlan quoted the quarter mile time at 10.6 seconds at 135 mph.)

I reached out to Harlan for confirmation of these numbers and as of yet, I have not heard back from him. Chevrolet will normally issue a press release with this info and now that the first ZR1s are shipping to dealers, we assume this performance info will be confirmed shortly.

The video below shows Harlan starting and revving the Gray ZR1 at the Chevy Performance tent located on the midway. This is the same car that was unveiled in Dubai and that we saw at the Los Angeles Auto Show last December. You can see Harlan behind the wheel and then there is another view from the rear of the car where you can really hear the exhaust note. An unidentified man off to the side calls a friend over to take a whiff, describing the low-restriction exhaust system that “smells so rich”.
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/03/21/video-harlan-charles-revs-the-2019-corvette-zr1-and-shares-performance-specs-at-sebring/

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
2.85 vs. 4. something for my car. I don't think I'd notice the difference. /joking, just joking

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of us are old enough to consider Corvettes going 0-60 in six seconds as very fast.. Car & Driver’s test of the 350 HP, 1965 Corvette said that they tested that car and its result was 6.2 seconds.

As we learned this morning ZR1 goes faster than that 0 to 100.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
2.85 vs. 4. something for my car. I don't think I'd notice the difference. /joking, just joking
Mine does it in 3.8s. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Some of us are old enough to consider Corvettes going 0-60 in six seconds as very fast.. Car & Driver’s test of the 350 HP, 1965 Corvette said that they tested that car and its result was 6.2 seconds.

As we learned this morning ZR1 goes faster than that 0 to 100.
And I remember when Detroit muscle cars were considered fast if they did the quarter mile in the low 14 second range.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Who is going to the April Bash breakfast this year? I hope to see everyone and more from last year. I was inquiring so i would know where to plan on attending the breakfast? Is it still at theEgg & I???

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
633 Posts
136 trap? That's MEGA! I remember when a car trapped 100, that was considered a fast car lol

It's certainly quicker than my built-motor, NOS-equipped old C4 ZR--and that's saying something!

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sure is mega fast. At one point in time, I was on the crew, including being the “the burnout box” person for my friend’s drag bike. On good runs, its would do 138-140 MPH — and it was blazingly fast. [Never once rode that bike...]

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow! Sounds great too.

·
18,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Boomer. We still live at the end of the Oregon trail, and the pony express riders have yet to deliver that mail. However, I now know what to look forward to around mid next week.

·
Registered
189 Posts
2019 Corvette ZR1 Hits 60 in 2.85 Seconds, Runs a 10.6 Quarter Mile

Here is more on the subject from Torque News. The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 dashes from a stop to 60mph in just 2.85 seconds, getting through the quarter mile in just 10.6 seconds.

The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is powered by the new supercharged LT5, delivering 755 horsepower and 715 lb-ft of torque and making this the most powerful road car from Chevrolet or General Motors. It is also the most powerful American supercar ever built for road use and in the grand scheme of things, the C7 ZR1 is the second most powerful American road car ever, trailing only the 840 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.

Of course, with power levels like that, we knew that the 2019 Corvette ZR1 would be the quickest and fastest American supercar ever, while the high tech suspension system and the elaborate aero upgrades made it the most track-capable American supercar ever. However, we didn’t know just how quick it would be, so although we knew that Chevy expects the ZR1 to hit 212 miles per hour, we didn’t know how long it would take to cover a standing quarter mile – until now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts