Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1115938_2019-corvette-zr1-specs-confirmed-including-0-60-mph-time-of-2-85-seconds

This information covered, including with complete text, in our thread here:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/major-c7-news/75145-zr1-s-perf-specs-announced-also-video.html

Just read that the ZR1 has a combined 15 MPG rating so that means a $2100 gas guzzler tax.

[PIC] 2019 Corvette ZR1 has a 15 MPG Combined City/Highway Fuel Economy Rating - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

Please see post # 6 for complete text and pictures on this article.

·
Registered
835 Posts
This car must turn up real fast after getting up to 60. The Z06 being .10 slower up to that point. That means this new monster gets to 100 from 60 in 3.15 seconds. Yikes! Who says I don't need that extra horsepower. Can you spell passing other cars? Love it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This HP war is getting crazy. I watched a Top Gear episode over the weekend. They were driving a new Ferrari 812 Superfast with a V12 NA engine that put out 800 HP. They admitted that it had too much power even on the track. I do have to say it sounds awesome especially turning almost 9000 rpms.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
To each their own for HP. To me, once one gets over 450 HP in a 3000 pound car, it starts to run together. I realize that while I am typing this there are many on the forum who might rightly disagree and that's ok. We all get to make our own choices and that is awesome. But, again for me, (and perhaps others who won't be tracking their car) the HP differences are not super important. I was really happy with the HP of my 2014 Stingray (455) and I traded to the 2015 Z06 as much for the more aggressive look of the car (and the fact that it was a coupe and not a convertible like my 2014). The difference between 0-60 of 3.5 and 0-60 of 3.1 seconds is hard to appreciate, since I don't race or track. Just my opinion and preferences and I'm not trying to convince anyone else of anything. I love both cars and all things Corvette.

·
18,663 Posts
ZR1 = 15 MPG Combined

Today we learned that the ZR1 is not an economy car. Not that any owners, nor potential owners care less. Here’s more info.

CorvetteBlogger said:
2019 Corvette ZR1 has a 15 MPG Combined City/Highway Fuel Economy Rating (By Keith Cornett)

Now that the 2019 Corvette ZR1s are shipping to dealers, that means the ZR1’s window sticker is now public. Why is that interesting? Because every automaker’s window sticker contains federally mandated information about the vehicle’s fuel economy ratings.

Last last month, we learned that the Corvette ZR1 would receive a $2100 gas guzzler tax. Unlike the $1300 tax on the Z06 which affects just those cars equipped with the 8-speed automatic transmission, the ZR1’s gas guzzler tax applies to both manual and auto transmission configurations.

We got our first look at the ZR1’s Window Sticker via our friends at Van Bortel Chevrolet who received one of the first completed ZR1 allocations in the country.

According to the window sticker, the 755-horsepower ZR1 has a 12 MPG City and a 20 MPG Highway Rating which combine for an overall City/Highway rating of 15 MPG. The sticker says you’ll be burning 6.7 gallons of fuel per 100 miles! A couple other comparisons to other new vehicles are also offered. The ZR1’s Fuel Economy & Greenhouse Gas Rating is a 2 out of 10 while the smog rating is listed as 1 out of 10.

Now I don’t believe that any new Corvette ZR1 owner cares about what kind of mileage this new super car will deliver. After all, the ZR1 was made to burn fuel with the inclusion of both direct and port injection. In fact, Chevy killed the Eco mode from the ZR1’s Driving Mode Selector so they are assuming you don’t really care either.

However, I do know that Corvette owners like to brag about how much better their gas mileage is from the standard rating so I am sure we’ll hear about it from a new owner or two at one of the upcoming Corvette shows.

Source:
Nate Chandler / Facebook
[PIC] 2019 Corvette ZR1 has a 15 MPG Combined City/Highway Fuel Economy Rating - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts