Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Driver Focused," "Interior Color Break" Z06 Interior:

While we have been told the Z06's interior is still undergoing refinement, combining several existing videos gives us the best understanding of GM's current execution of the Z06's "driver focused," "interior color break" interior.

We know there will be three Z06 interiors, that they will start with the entry, 1LZ, then go upscale to the 2LZ option code, with the top of interior being the 3LZ. We also have learned that the interior will employ a "higher grade steering wheel leather" and "European stitching." And if the current thinking prevails, we will have aluminum trim pieces on the doors, above the armrests.

Best picture of European stitching so far (thanks "Soho"):

When many of the following video-capture pictures were first shown, heard several comments that this was a re-designed 2LZ interior, but more than a few now think that the pictures are showing the driver-focused 3LT interior. We shall see, hopefully learning more at the NCM Bash less than two months away, as Ryan Vaughan, Z06 Interior Design Manager, will be making a presentation at the Bash.

Conjecture for now; actual interior later.

·
Registered
219 Posts
John are you thinking that the Interior in the 2 cars we have seen is basically what will be in the Zs? I was under the impression these were just a fill interiors until the real ones are finished?

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John are you thinking that the Interior in the 2 cars we have seen is basically what will be in the Zs? I was under the impression these were just a fill interiors until the real ones are finished?
While we are told that the interior design of the Z06 is undergoing final refinement, believe that what we are seeing above, and the picture below is either darn close, or very, very close to the final version -- which I do expect to be revealed in just 26 days at the Bash. Here's a picture showing more clearly how, in the 3LZ Z06 Kalahairi interior, the amount "dash color coverage" is significantly less in the Z06 as compared to the Kalahairi "full dipped" 3LT StingRay interior.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that there is some grousing, especially on other forums, about the Z06's "driver focused "interior. Here are are two pictures, and to put it bluntly, even if you do not like the Z's driver focused interior, the second picture below, from the brand new, limited edition Ferrari, will at least partially allay your concerns.

The Z06's "driver focused" interior in Kalahairi.

The new Ferari F60's interior -- only for the USA market. Oh yes, how does one do this to "the red, white and blue?"

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
At least with the Ferrari they went all the way with the concept. In the Z06 3LT, it is a loss of color from the StingRay 3LT.

To me, I think the order is: StingRay 3LT > Ferrari F60 > Z06 3LT.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I know that there is some grousing, especially on other forums, about the Z06's "driver focused "interior. Here are are two pictures, and to put it bluntly, even if you do not like the Z's driver focused interior, the second picture below, from the brand new, limited edition Ferrari, will at least partially allay your concerns.

The Z06's "driver focused" interior in Kalahairi.

The new Ferari F60's interior -- only for the USA market. Oh yes, how does one do this to "the red, white and blue?"

Maybe it's just me, but that Ferrari interior isn't to my liking..... especially that, I'm guessing red gauge panel on the dash. In fact, it's ugly. The Z06's interior appears more subtle and classier. I guess it's to each their own.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I never thought I'd say this, but the interior of that $2.5M Ferrari looks like something a kid who recently saw reruns of "The Jetsons" dreamed up. Not classy in the least!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I personally like the 3LZ interior - especially in adrenaline red! I prefer the right side to have more black and less red. Also, like the red stitching across the passenger side dash and on both door panels. Looks fantastic and and a little unique from the Stingray!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The driver focused interior without an option for the Brownstone was a problem for me. Not as bad as the industrial interior Ferrari, mind you, but a let down. Add that to the mid-engine Zora coming in '17 and I will buy a '15 Stingray Z 51, 3LT with Brownstone and wait for the '17 Zora for my super ride. Bummer, no '15 Z06 for me.

The Z06 team created a wonderful vehicle, but decided to down grade the interior. The one complaint that was always there from C-3 through C-6 was the seats and the interior. They got it right with the Stingray and then take it away with the Super Ride Z06 we have all been waiting for. Huh? What? Are you nuts? Come 'on man!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Driver centric interior = A stupid idea who's time has come!:D So less is more, and a Stingray which costs significantly less should have a more complete & balanced interior. How about giving the Z06 last years 60th Anniversary Blue and the Stingray gets the Brownstone suede interior, is that a great idea as well?:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts